Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

The activation screen for 2021 is blank. Where do I enter the activation codes?

@rushfanatic Are you using Windows 11? We are tracking how many users continue to have this issue.  In the meantime, refer to this post by another community member, who was able to successfully resolve the issue by updating their drivers.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes - Windows 11. Might be the culprit. Keep us posted. Thanks. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for your feedback. We have escalated this experience to our IT team for additional assistance. In the meantime, we hope the workarounds suggested in this thread allow you to use the software. 

This solution works!  thank you to everyone who gave the clear and detailed instructions!

bw03

I worked with support for over 3 hours tonight. Tried everything previously stated in this thread (downloaded updates, installed drivers, rebooted), then had to change resolution and copy/paste into each field even though you cannot see it being entered.  Now am at the point I cannot eFile State as the screen where you enter credit cart payment info is blank.  Changing resolution and copy/paste into each field on a credit card form is not acceptable, especially when you cannot see the entries.  This is absolutely ridiculous!! Support said "why don't you just print and mail your return".  If I had intended to do that, I wouldn't have paid for the software.   Next year I will be using something else.

additional note:  using a HP laptop, less than 12 months old, Windows 10 with all latest windows updates and drivers installed.  

I have an newer ACER Computer and have downloaded the 2021 version of Turbotax Home and Business. Can't get past the Activation Screen. What I find strange is the 2020 version installed with 100% screen display and ran with 150% screen display. This version does not. Have contacted tech support with no solutions. Running Windows 10. Major bug with an obvious lack of testing.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please take a look at this thread to see if any of these troubleshooting tips may be helpful @Denn01 .

kimalysta

I have a newer laptop and have not upgraded to Windows 11.  Had the same issue.  Work-around did work, but geez it was a bit ridiculous having to jump through all those hoops just to get the program installed.  Makes me question if my taxes will be calculated correctly.   I'm too a long-time user of TT and this is a first.  Do better.

Thanks for the solution that worked. I have newer ACER Computer with intel 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz  8 GB RAM Windows 10. I did Defrag Disk and close all windows prior to trying your solution.  Display was 1920x1080. I changed Scale and Layout from 125 to 100 and right clicked, got screen to enter activation code. Pasted the activation code in the box. Now works with 125 Scale and Layout.

I can't activate my 2021 turbotax for windows, when i open the program there is a window that says "activation" and a couple of moving dots like it's just loading, more than and hour passes and nothing changes, it's the same window and i can't continue. I tried to uninstall and install but it doesn't work.Untitled.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

None of the documented work-arounds resolved the issue for us, but disabling the Intel Iris Xe driver did the trick. The driver automatically re-enables itself after reboot, so it's easy peasy. Hold down the Windows + X keys, press M for the Device Manager, go under Display Adapters and Right-Click on the driver to open up the Context Menu, and select Disable. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you tried all of the suggestions in this thread and the issue still persists, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for additional assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@RonaldAl

LF52
Level 1

This is a real problem. Is there a SIMPLE solution to get the activation screen to work that I can understand? I bought this software at Costco. I cannot get the activation screen to show anything. Windows 10 on a one year old HP laptop. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.
Contact Support

This worked for me. Got it from another user.

Windows 10 (All required updates applied)

2021 ACER Computer

Install as Administrator.

Defrag Hard Disk.

Load Turbotax Software (Blank Activation Screen).

Change Scale and Layout in Settings to 100%.

Right Click (Activation Screen Appears)

Copy License Key from Email

Paste License Key in Box (Can’t see result)

Works

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies