Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

The activation screen for 2021 is blank. Where do I enter the activation codes?

The solutions Quicken have come up with has not worked for me. 

I find it to be a complete joke that you guys are providing a solution with so many hoops to jump through. I’ve been able to fill in blanks blind, but that won’t work when I’m ready to file electronically, which will be very soon. I would like it if this will just get fixed. 

This will make me seriously consider moving to another product. Fix the thing already. 

Please back at the trail of solutions. I am puzzled why Intuit hasn’t had a fix for this yet, as it has been an issue since early January with lots of us consumers spending ions of time trying to figure it out? How about answering Intuit?????

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We are aware of this issue and we have escalated it for a more permanent fix. In the meantime, if none of the solutions posted in this thread have helped to resolve the issue for you, please reach out to Customer Service for assistance. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
SeePower

Same issue!

H&R Block is looking kind a good right now. 

We’ve heard the same response from you for weeks now. It’s getting old. 

I am an end-user who got Turbotax Home and Business to work using my posted solution. If you are seeking more information I suggest you contact Intuit.

Having exact same issue with download version TT 2021 activation screen comes up blank white page with blue circles forever circling. Tried uninstalling reinstalling. Re downloading. Been a TT user for over 20 years never had even 1 issue. I’m using an old computer that had TT files on it back to 2014 with MS windows 10. Called support no help all the same things I have already tried. 

SteveSanDiego
Returning Member

I had same issue and tried the Resolution change with no success. I bought TT Premium on 2/5/22. After downloading, it did its usual thing of checking for updates. After I restarted it, it showed a blank dialog titled TurboTax 21 - Activation. If the dialog worked, this is where you put the activation code. Intuit support has Q&A on this and claims that changing the screen resolution will fix it - it doesn't, and even so, the user should not have to deal with this, the development team should take care of it. The problem dates back to 2020 where I had the same problem when installing my TT 2020 software on new PC later in the year (September 2020). I did not have problem in Feb 2020 in the year (February 2020 so some SW bug seemed to be introduced. I contacted TT Support and was known problem that apparently still exists, I gave you a pass last year. Fix this, Intuit! I am using a 2020 LG Gram 17 at default resolution, nothing outside of what you should be testing.

This is what happens when you farm out your development team to halfway around the world. As a project manager myself I have dealt with this kind of thing and it's no picnic. Things don't get done in time, communication is awful and customer service gets flushed. It all boils down to cheaper labor. In the meantime us consumers get left out, forced to come up with stupid workarounds (and those suggested still don't work for me) and we're left with vaporware. And I've seen on this thread the constant repetition of the same message that Intuit has been peddling for the past month. 

I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to use TT this year, despite plopping down $55 for it already. As far as I'm concerned if this isn't resolved in the next two weeks I'm done as a customer.

This solution does work, but the big question is this hack has existed for at least the last two years so why doesn't Intuit correct it? It is certainly not intuitive to fill the license code field with characters that are not visible.

This is the only software package I have ever used that won't function at the factory settings for a typical laptop.

I guess the Intuit Game Plan is to deliver faulty desktop software to push people to their Internet-based product.  Customer service will offers up a license code to the Internet-based product as compensation if you can't get the desktop version working.

Well it didn’t work for me and I wasted an entire weekend trying. Gave up bought H&R Block. I am done with TT forever. Getting my $80 back from TT. 

I was getting the 4 blue dots endlessly moving around the otherwise blank activation window. Like one other person said, I tried putting it into Windows 7 compatibility mode, and that fixed the issue. This is a programmer error plain and simple. The program needs to be fixed. I'm a programmer, and this looks like bad software to me. If I wrote a program and told people you can't use it because of a Microsoft error, I'd never get paid. Notice how every other program you use works without changing the screen resolution or needing some BS compatibility mode change.

You might contact Turbotax Support and ask for a supervisor to get to someone experienced, but the issue at hand sounds like it is related to Windows. Here are a few steps you can try to fix it:

1. **Create a New Administrator Account**: Sometimes creating a new administrator account in Windows can help resolve certain problems.
2. **Update the Drivers**: Make sure all your drivers are up to date. This can often fix a variety of issues.

If these steps don't work, you might consider taking your computer to a tech store for further assistance, or if it's an older machine, it might be time to think about getting a new one.

Alternatively, you could switch to the online version of the software you're using. This can help you avoid some of the technical issues that come with maintaining local software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies