turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tampa304

Stuck while importing stock transactions. Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section Let’s get you back to your taxes. Make sure your Internet is connected

Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section

Let’s get you back to your taxes. Make sure your Internet is connected, and then select Try again or check back in a few minutes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Stuck while importing stock transactions. Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section Let’s get you back to your taxes. Make sure your Internet is connected

Please try clearing your cookies and cache. For instructions, please click the following links: Clear Cookies - Clear Cache.  If the error persists, please contact customer care by following the steps here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Tampa304

Thanks.

I contacted customer service, was told there might be weekly updates to online version of TT and might fix the issue. It hasn't been fixed even today.

Alternative was to buy the CD version and try it out which is not what i want to do.

Same issue here and plenty of other people reporting this issue. Hope it gets fixed soon. I would be willing to try the desktop version if I knew the import feature would work. But the desktop version you have to buy first so don't wanna buy something only to find out it doesn't work either.

Tampa304

I opened a second ticket and escalated it.

I wish TT would test their systems well so customer's don't have to face this issue. Everytime I call customer service, it's a minimum of 30 min hold time or forced to wait for call back.

Rdman

I have the desktop version and it's still doing the same thing. i waited 40 minutes and it's still not doing anything. Only have 1450 transactions. So it's well below the 2000 limit of the desktop version. So what gives....!! Intuit, please help.

pcamboia

Same issue with inputting information on charitable tax deductions. Two days of getting the same exclamation mark in a triangle, and the message

“Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section

Let's get you back to your taxes. Make sure your Internet is connected, and then select Try again or check back in a few minutes.”

Two days later, and I’m no closer to finishing.

Has anyone gotten TT to provide an answer that says they are aware and they are working on fixing it?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

I'm sure you've tried this, but just in case:

Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies if you are using TurboTax Online, and reopen TurboTax.  You can also try a different browser.

Also, make sure you have ran all updates. 

If using TurboTax Online: Clear your cache and cookies. See this FAQ, for your particular browser.

If using TurboTax Desktop: Please see this FAQ.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies