turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Speak to live agent

@Earl6561 2018?  A 2018 return can only be sent in by printing, signing it and mailing it.  Look at your 2018 Form 1040.  The form has "Sign here" in the middle of the page.  Use a pen, sign it and date it.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Speak to live agent

I want to kno how can I appeal or find out how much I owe in insurance  Penalty 

SusanY1
Employee Tax Expert

Speak to live agent

For federal taxes there is no insurance penalty in 2020.  

@Bless1981

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Vcboykin

Speak to live agent

How do I delete live deluxe? Not able to pay any amount 

Speak to live agent

@Vcboykin wrote:

How do I delete live deluxe? Not able to pay any amount 

If you have not paid for the online edition you are using, have not filed your tax return or registered the Free edition, then you can clear your return and start over with a lower priced edition. Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen while working on the 2019 online tax return. Click on Clear & Start Over.

Vcboykin

Speak to live agent

Thank you

Speak to live agent

I filled out almost everything on my account [email address removed]  but it keeps wanting to sing in an old account.  My cell phone isn't working right now and I would really like to finish it up

Speak to live agent

@Pierce3289 Do you mean you still need to finish your 2019 return?  

You have to access your own account and/or  print it for yourself using exactly the same account and user ID that you used when you prepared the return.

Many people have multiple TT accounts and forget how to access them.  Log out of the account you are in now.

Account recovery

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901535-forgot-your-turbotax-online-user-id-or-password

Online tax preparation and e-filing for 2019 returns is now permanently closed.  You had until midnight on Thursday, October 15, 2020 to finish and attempt to e-file; if your e-file was rejected you had until October 31, 2020 to make corrections and re-file. Now it is too late to use online software or to e-file. If you have any changes/corrections at all to make to your 2019 return, you now have to complete it using desktop software, which you must download to a full PC or Mac  (not to a mobile device).Then you need to print, sign and mail it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...

If you already paid for your online software you can ask customer support for a download of the desktop software.

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

If you are getting a refund, there is no penalty for filing late.  If you owe tax due, then file and pay the amount due as shown on the Form 1040, but expect a bill later from the IRS for the penalty and interest you will owe.  Only the IRS will calculate this—TurboTax will not calculate it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Khadar
Returning Member

Speak to live agent

How come I can't download my 2018 tax return file? I filed it in here... 

Speak to live agent

@Khadar wrote:

How come I can't download my 2018 tax return file? I filed it in here... 

Contact TurboTax support for this problem of not being able to download the 2018 tax return PDF or tax file.

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

kari7

Speak to live agent

Missing federal tax return and second stimulus 

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Speak to live agent

Check the IRS Get My Payment tool. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. For more information on the status of your stimulus payment and the status of your tax return, you may wish to call the IRS.  To contact the IRS, please review the steps and information below:

IRS Support Number: (800) 829-1040

To reach a live agent at the IRS support number, follow these steps:

1.      Select your preferred language.

2.      Press 2 for “Personal Income Tax”

3.      Press 1 for “Form, Tax History, or Payment”

4.      Press 3 for “All Other Questions”

5.      Press 2 for “All Other Questions”

6.      Do not enter your SSN or EIN. It will ask you twice; do not enter anything.

7.      Press 2 for “Personal or Individual Tax Questions”

They are available Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

If you don't receive your stimulus payment by the time you file your tax return, you can make an adjustment on your 2020 tax return for stimulus payments you qualify for, but have not received. 

To do this in TurboTax, please follow these steps:

1. Enter the information in your return.
  2. Click Federal Review at the top of your screen. 
  3. On the screen, Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue.
  4. You will be asked about the amounts of first round and second round stimulus payments you received
  5. TurboTax will then calculate the amount of stimulus payment remaining that you are still entitled to.  This will show as a credit on line 30 of the 1040.
bpollard51
Returning Member

Speak to live agent

Hi I need help to make my taxes to go forward

Speak to live agent

@bpollard51  Where are you stuck?  There's no hurry to file.

Even when the IRS finalizes the Forms you need and Even if Turbo Tax lets you submit your return they will just hold all the returns until the IRS opens filing on Feb 12.  So there is no hurry.  And a lot of people who file early find out they have to amend later like when they get their actual W2 and 1099 forms.  Or they get more forms than they were expecting.  

And You should wait because you might get a late W2 or 1099 in the mail.  They have until Jan 31 to send you the tax forms.  Or they may send you a corrected W2 or 1099 even later.

Speak to live agent

Thank you 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies