Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Print and file 2018 returns

I did my 2018 taxes using TurboTax Online and printed them to mail. I lost those print outs and need to reprint them so I can mail them now. When I click Download/print return (PDF) I get a 214 page PDF. Which pages do I need to mail to Federal or State?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Yes, include both of those.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

28 Replies
KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

When you download and print your return you should print all of the Tax Return pages and Schedules.  

You do not need to print the Worksheets to mail to the IRS or to the State, but you may need to print the filing instructions for the mailing addresses.

Thank you! I expected that was the case, but found two California forms I wasn't sure I need to attach: 

Schedule P    Credits That Reduce Tax Statement

(Entries and all zeros, but I assume as it's a schedule it should be attached)

Form 3885A    California Depreciation Options

("Half-Year Convention" checked,

"3a Federal taxable income for the Section 179 limitation" has an amount,

"3b California taxable income for the Section 179 limitation" has the same amount.)

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

Yes, include both of those.

My computer needed to be reset and I lost the filed copy of my 2018 return.  How do I get find the app and the return?

I have filed my 2018 return but lost my copy and the 2018 turbotax app.  I need that app and my return to help me with my 2019 taxes

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

If you are using the desktop/cd version of TurboTax, I would search your computer first for " .tax2018 ".

That is the root file for your 2018 TurboTax return. If you can locate the .tax file, then you should see if you still have the TurboTax 2018 program still on the computer. If not, you can reload the program from the CD or you can sign in to your TurboTax account and download it again. If you do not have the .tax2018 file or the 2018 PDF on your computer, then the tax year is lost. You can get a transcript for 2018 from the IRS for free, or you can pay for the full form by filing Form 4506.

If you filed on TurboTax Online, you can sign in and download a copy of your 2018 return. The past year downloads are available on the lower part of the first page. 

@GaryChapel

I need my taxes for 2018

How can I print my 2018 returns?

@1090 wrote:

How can I print my 2018 returns?

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

See this TurboTax support FAQ for accessing prior year online tax returns - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/01/270...

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $50 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

dannamite

I have my .tax2018 file but I lost my turbotax 2018 CD and the program is no longer installed on my computer. I do have the 2019 software. I need to print my 2018 returns. How do I go about it? Thanks.

See if they will give you the program download.

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Didn't you also save it as a pdf file when you were done?

If you have old .tax files you can try converting them to pdf files at  Www.Taxprinter.Com 

Need to print it out

dannamite

@VolvoGirl  Thanks! I'll contact customer service to see if I can get a download.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies