Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Premier CD for Windows 10 taskbar drop down menu does not work. TTsupport said it is a known issue but has not fixed.

Premier CD for Windows 10 taskbar (File, Edit, View, Tools, Online, Help) drop down menu does not work. TT telephone support representative said it is a known issue but TT has not fixed and asked if I can wait until March 18 to file and a fix should be available and they would email me. This sounds terribly off. Or, do I have a faulty CD? I have called 4 times and each time I receive a different response but this last response doesn't sound correct.  I was even told I should not be purchasing from a 3rd party my TT CD's and that I should repurchase from TT.  Then someone told me to just go online of TT and file.  Can someone in TT technical support respond to me? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Premier CD for Windows 10 taskbar drop down menu does not work. TTsupport said it is a known issue but has not fixed.

Please see the below TurboTax help article for assistance with missing buttons, images, and screens in TurboTax.

Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images

If that does not work, please reach back out to TurboTax Customer Support and request to speak to a tech support agent who can assist with this issue. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is not missing, please read what I wrote about the problem.

@MichelleLO Your recommendation did not work and after having calling approximately 7 different support personnel at TurboTax, I still have the same problem.  I reach people at the support line that are polite and try to be helpful but they are not experienced TT support personnel.  The support line this year is the worst I have ever encountered in all the years I have been using TT.  I dont know what else to say or do, I am at a dead end. What is baffling the return that I started with (my sons) and experiencing the problems with continues but I started another return for myself and so far I am not experiencing any of these problems.  I am confused.

I am having the same problem as well. TT support has been very polite but without resoultion.

@davidrift If you find a solution, please let me know. I appreciate you letting me know that you are experiencing the same problem but for me the problems continue to grow.  If you try to print directly from the print preview, you cannot, try it.  The only way to be able to print is save it to your file folder and print from there. How do we get TT to listen that there are serious problems in the Premier CD version.  Is anybody listening at TT?

I will.  The problem of trying to remove the program and do a clean install continues.  I purchased the download from Amazon and when I reinstall a clean version of Premier provided by Intuit it neither asks me for the new  License number nor continues to reference Amazon.  

I was given an investigation number (INV-19246) as tech support reported similar issues.  Hope this helps.

@davidrift I could not get a clean uninstall and therefore could not reinstall.  Is it possible they will fix the problem? But in the meantime what are we supposed to do?  Keep me posted please and thank you again for staying in touch.

I was able to get a clean install with the image provided by Intuit by deleting the 2020  Turbo Tax program.  I knew it was a clean install as it request the license code and didn't have the screen that showed it was purchased from Amazon offering Quicken (this is how I purchase TT).  The clean install also has a glacial response to the Menu bar so the problem remains.  What do we do?  Call them every day with the case number?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies