Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

Add me to the list of people this isn't working for. Called twice and spent hours on the phone, nothing. Tried clearing cookies, used a VPN from multiple server locations, used multiple devices....none of it will work!

Oops! It appears there was a drop in our connection." comes up anytime I try to do anything on TurboTax. I have used multiple browsers, devices, and internet connections.

@foxrider68, did you already try setting your VPN location to somewhere in California? I was thinking of purchasing a VPN service and trying that so I am just wondering if you have already tried it.

Just a thought. Maybe it's not tied geographically as in a connectivity issue. Rather, an issue in what state you are potentially filing your taxes. Maybe there are some states that have not finalized their tax laws, forms, reforms, etc. Turbo Tax cannot proceed past a certain point because they don't have everything they need on a state level? I am in Arizona, and could begin accessing Turbo Tax a few days before people in California started saying they could.

I'm in WA and we don't have state taxes to even bother with. For those asking I've done a VPN through CA, FL, GA, TX, and NY servers all with the same error. I've also tried disabling any firewalls and that didn't work either. 

@EbonyL122824  , This is not the issue.  And is happening again in 2021

Please read this thread: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/error-message-oops-it-appears-there-was-a-drop-in...

There is a big bug in the TurboTax system that is affecting many customers, this is an IT issue and so far they haven’t done anything to fix it; customer service cannot help with that just IT service; and the only solution we received is: create a new account, forget the time you spent filling the information for your 2020 taxes, and also for the ones that have been using TurboTax for other years, now you will have to use multiple accounts. The, "One account, everything Intuit" makes no sense, as you have to create a new account. This is not acceptable.
Is unbelievable, no professional at all. Turbo tax has a Product Liability with their customers, and many have been affected, they have responsibility for the defective product.
This is causing clients to waste a lot of time, and the worse is that they do not follow up or give any solution to the problem. This is absolutely unprofessional from Turbotax, it is very frustrating.
No follow-ups, no IT response, and no resolution, very disappointing.
TurboTax experts, please stop responding with the same solution that does not fix the problem!!!!, escalates the bug to someone that can help to solve it.

I experienced the same issue and Intuit tech support is pretty much useless. I was finally able to figure out a workaround by tethering to my cell phone. When I turn on hotspot and connect my laptop wifi to my cell phone hotspot I can get back in turbotax. When I use my normal ethernet connection to DSL modem I have the issues you describe. So it looks like a network/connectivity issue but I would like to hear if others are able to replicate what I am seeing. 

I did try that as someone mentioned it from last year. It did not work for me. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Try to clear your browser's cache and delete cookies. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. If that doesn't work, try a different browser such as Safari or Firefox if you're currently using Chrome and vice versa. 

If you continue to have issues please see the link below to contact one of our TurboTax representatives:

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@maverick11

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Please don't try giving the same suggestions that don't work. No one can fix it. Time for people to move to HR block

@MichelleLO, please take time to read some of the posts in this thread. Folks who are experiencing this issue over here have tried clearing cache and cookies, tried different devices, tried the mobile app, tried wired and wifi connections, tried wifi at coffee shops, tried different browsers, even a vpn service but nothing has worked. This is an issue on your side per the FAQ link below and was prematurely marked as resolved.

If you really want to help then please reach out to your IT or software development department and notify them that the issue that is referenced in the FAQ link below has not been fixed and lot of people are either stuck or moved on to your competitors.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/oops-it-appears-there-was-a-drop-in-our-connection...

arip
Level 3

Hi everyone. Here is the trick to getting this fixed: tweet directly at or DM the CEO of Intuit. 

Someone from the office of the president will reach out to you and help you get it fixed.  

This doesn't work.  Spent an hour with an agent and they had no solution that worked.

Nezar93

Same issue here no one seems to be helpful and im so over it 

Same thing..Have tried multiple browsers, computers and platforms. It was working fine...I had stepped away from my computer so it logged me off. Since then, I get this same message. 

I had a similar connection issue.  I had to disconnect my PC from the NordVPN server I was using.  Then connection was fine.  I couldn't pay my $20 for my state filing because it would not load those screens with VPN turned on. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies