Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My screen freezes when I select the option to pay for filing with my credit card, has anyone had this happen?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

My screen freezes when I select the option to pay for filing with my credit card, has anyone had this happen?

You may have to log out of the program, clear your cache and cookies, and log back in. Please see the TurboTax FAQ here for instructions on clearing your cache. See here for instructions on clearing your cookies. You may also try using another browser or using the phone app here if the above does not work. If none of these resolve the issue, contact customer support here for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same thing happens to me, but I'm using the desktop version of 2020 Deluxe.   I've restarted TT and also rebooted, but still freezes.  See attached screen.IMG_2642.JPG

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

To help get you connected to the right person for assistance, please click the link below. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

Some issue and also using desktop version.  Were you able to to find a fix?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

If you are using the desktop version of TurboTax, clearing cache and deleting cookies won't help. You would need to reach out to TurboTax customer support using the FAQ link provided below:

TurboTax customer support

Same issue here with desktop version.

Same problem with TT online.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having problems with the program or glitches, please try clearing your cookies and cache.

How to clear your cache.

How to delete cookies.

If this does not work, I recommend trying another browser and checking your internet connection, ensure you are hardwired.

If you need additional assistance you can contact an agent.

Most people do not know this, but Desktop has to connect to the internet for certain functions like entering a credit card.  You never see it happen, but it goes through Chrome to do that, and old browsing data can make it freeze.   Clear browsing data in Chrome for all time can help in this case.

You have to log out, do all of this, close all browsers (if you have multiple), wait a bit, them, log back in again.

The website is garbage and doesn't work properly.  This is from a longtime web developer and tax expert.

SJBRAD
Returning Member

Last night it happened to me, for the second year in a row!

TT Customer Svc rep advised to MOVE THE TASK BAR to a different place on computer screen.  

I did.  It revealed the hidden "CONTINUE" button on the BOTTOM of the TT Window!

This is the 2nd Year in a row I've reported this.

Omar 49

My screen freezes when I select the option to pay for filing with my credit card, has anyone had this happen?  Have the problem as previous user or guest.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to clear the cache on your browser. 

If you still have the same issue, please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone so we can look into this further. @Omar 49

pn68

I am using the desktop version on windows 10.  When I select 'Pay with your credit card' turbotax pops up a window and says come back to turbotax to finish your return.  As soon as I click OK it freezes.  I reinstalled turbotax, updated windows, rebooted.  Nothing helps.  Is there a fix/workaround for this?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies