turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

valescio1

Licence code

To get my TTAX to work, I have to put in a license code which can not be found

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies

Licence code

j_eres15

Licence code

I have a license code. my brother bought turbo tax 2020 and is allowed to be used on five computers. how do I apply it to my computer?

bigd89117

Licence code

Install my disc for 2019 Home & Business. Used it and efiled 5 returns. I uninstalled it and put in a new disc for home & business. It never asks for the license code on the new disc. I get an error stating I used my 5 efiles already. This is retarded. How do I add the new license code???

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Licence code

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Licence code

@bigd89117   Sorry you can only efile 5 returns.  You can't get more by installing another program.  5 is a IRS limit.

5 efiles is an IRS limit per computer and email address.  I think it's to prevent fraud and people filing a lot of fake returns.

And to prepare more than five e-files, you will need to sign up with the IRS as an ERO - an Electronic Returns Originator.  How to become an Authorized E-file Provider…..

http://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/e-File-Providers-&-Partners/Become-an-Authorized-e-file-Provide...

Licence code

I had the same issue since my sister used my email address now I will not let her do her taxes it keeps saying they have been used. is their a way the license code can be transferred to her account I have created an account for her please help 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Licence code

@jbeatrice09 Please contact our phone support team for assistance.  Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for the contact number:What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

Licence code

I need to load turbo 2019 to my new computer and used my license code on my old computer.  How do I download when the license code will not work for the second time.

thanks

Licence code

The License Code lets you install on 5 computers.  Did you try? If you have trouble call Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Can I install on more than 1 computer?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/can-i-install-turbotax-on-more-than-one-computer/0...

Licence code

Because everything was not totally removed from your PC. If you go into regedit, you  will find remnants of the app

gpalmer51

Licence code

I need a license code to activate my 2020 turbo tax.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Licence code

@gpalmer51 Follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to find your license code. If you need further assistance, contact customer support here.

wingit95

Licence code

I have a new computer and am trying to install turbotax Deluxe 2019 and I am being told that I have used all 5 installations.  I know that to be untrue.  what do I do now

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Licence code

You will need to contact customer service to see if there is anything they can do. 

Please click here to contact customer service. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies