Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Is anyone having issues with the activation box not accepting characters?

Since it’s early in the season, I just followed the step by step guided part and could not enter in any numbers. Obviously the W2’s aren’t ready yet, but I have done this in the past to get a heads up of what I need to do and end of year tax closing. So, the only way I could get the numbers in was to go to the actual form.

dylandawg

yes i am having same problem.  customer service said i should uninstall, then deactivate my virus protection and reinstall.  did this twice and code did not enter, blinking but frozen.  got my cd from intuit directly.

Its an issue using a windows copy and paste feature.

Think about the DOS world and try to use your keyboard, not touch screen, by using CNTRL C to copy and then use CNTRl V to paste into the activation spot. The keyboard won’t work with the characters 

I wish I had found this thread a few hours ago.  I had the exact same problem with the Activation dialog on both my SurfacePros.  Intuit Support provided me with a download of TT Home & Business 2022 for Windows, and after uninstall and reinstall, no change.

Then I started trying stuff.  Turns out that all I had to do was hit the Tab key a few times on the Activation dialog.  Once the Key field turned pink and it said 'Enter A Valid License Code', I was able to type in the box just fine, and all is well now.

I can't enter the activation code into the box from my computer keyboard. Hovering over the box does'nt bring up the blue dot either.  What's going on?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try updating the software. Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

@elwoodii

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Think about the DOS world and try to use your keyboard, not touch screen, by using CNTRL C to copy and then use CNTRl V to paste into the activation spot. The keyboard won’t work with the characters 

Yes, 2022 TurboTax Business; error code 630

I can enter the characters but I get the error code. When I go to help and call the number, they send the same links as appear on my desktop. It's a loop without a solution, and no, manually updating doesn't solve it.

The activation key has been used more than 5 times.

If you got it fresh out of the box/download and not given the activation to anyone, I suggest you look into returning the product.

If support sent you something new, its probably bogus with your activation code.

I hope it's easier to get replacement than it is to get help. As far as I know, the activation code has never been used.

I am! Trying to enter my activation code, and nothing happens. The box won't accept any characters. The top of the screen says, "installation complete." When I open the keyboard and click the box it won't let me enter the activation code.  Grrrrr...I'm running Windows 10.  I had no problems last year.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Check that you're entering the code exactly as it appears on your CD insert or copy and paste it directly from your Downloads.

If you receive an error code with a message saying, “All available activations for that code have been used,” that means your code has already been used the maximum number of times, and therefore can’t be used to install the software on another computer. TurboTax can be installed on up to five computers using the same license code. 

If you receive either one of these errors, wait a few minutes and re-enter your license code:

Sorry, we're experiencing a problem on our end. Please try again later. Error code: 620
There was an error with validating your license code, please try again later. Error code: 630
If you’re still having trouble with your code, Contact us. 

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Sueo71

This was exactly my issue too and this fix worked perfectly.  Thanks so much!  I found this post while on the phone with my TurboTax rep.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies