Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Import data from Charles Schwab problem.

I noticed that, too, in my import, but when I looked at my TT return all the 1099 B transactions were there. The import summary showed $0 but it did transfer : import correctly. It’s another quirk to be fixed by TT 

Hi David723,

That is great news! I went ahead and clicked "Import" and like you said, the 1099-B data was imported correctly. Wow. What a relief. I didn't think to try importing it when I saw the $0 and no transactions on the 1099-B line. Thank you very much. TT should have let me know immediately when I called their help line.

Mine still isn’t working. I’m getting the “Login not available” message when I enter my Schwab login credentials from TT. What did you have to do from the TT end to get it to work?

in TT I had to allow the program to have 3rd party access to my Schwab accounts. Previously, I was seeing the same screen you are, but whatever was wrong between TT and Schwab was corrected and I was presented with a new screen requesting I authorize TT to get my 1099s from Schwab. I know this doesn’t fully explain exactly what I did. Keep trying and good luck. 

Okay, thanks. I guess I’ll just have to keep poking around to see if I can get it to ask me to authorize the access!

mtb58

I have had exactly the same experience as rlh4561.  I have tried repeatedly since 2/18.  I have no problem connection to Schwab and it downloads 1099-DIV and 1099-INT just fine.  But it has no data for the 1099-Bs when there were sales in all the accounts.  Has any progress been made toward fixing this issue?

mtb58

David723, thank you so much!  You are absolutely right!  Although the summary shows $0, the 1099-B data did import. I had been afraid to import until the 1099-B data was there because I was afraid of double-counting when the 1099-B import was fixed.  Thanks again!

Even though it shows $0 on the 1099B summary, it will populate your TT with the 1099 transactions. 

I learned that if you go ahead and click "Import documents" it will bring in the 1099-B information even though it shows $0 on that screen. David723 on this forum told me about that. When I tried it, the 1099-B information did indeed import into TT. Give that a try.

Had the same problem importing data from Schwab into TurboTax Deluxe desktop software on my Apple Mac laptop. Discussed the problem with reps for TurboTax and Schwab without a resolution to the problem. Saw the advice about deleting the cookies in the laptop browser. I proceeded to delete all the web browsing history and cookies in the Safari browser and that fixed it! Thanks for the help.

@laroccajr That did it. Thank you! I had assumed that was for folks using the online version, not the desktop version. I don’t really understand why browser cookies/history would make a difference, but I guess it doesn’t matter why.

Lotar

I too had import problems with Schwab; tried multiple times over several days. Calling Schwab and TT was of no help ("we're working on it"). After giving up on getting the entire import (1099INT, DIV & B) I went to the 1099INT option and try to get just that info. To my surprise that got me connected into Schwab where I had the choice of how much I wanted. I was able to choose everything (INT, DIV & B). Maybe this will work for you if you are having problems getting into Schwab. Good luck.

calidianne
Returning Member

I am having same problem as other users trying to import date from Schwab.  TurboTax support sucks.  Can't talk to a human or get any kind of answer online.  Schwab says it's a TurboTax problem, but they have no idea when it will be fixed.  Have used TurboTax for years with no problem importing data but this will be my last year assuming I can actually finish my return.   

@calidianne You may have already tried all of these things, but this is what worked for me.

1. I quit out of TurboTax completely and then restarted it to make sure I had the most up-to-date version. This allowed me to progress from the “check your Internet connection” error to entering my login credentials, where I encountered the “login unavailable” error.

2. I checked in Security Center in my Schwab account that I had third-party access enabled (I did).

3. I cleared my browser history. This is what finally made it work for me, although, like others, I did not see any $ amounts next to my 1099-Bs on the import screen, but all the data imported correctly.

Question on the browser history. I'm not sure why this matters but which browser history did you clear? Firefox, Safari, Chrome, IE? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies