Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Import data from Charles Schwab problem.

@denny80130 I have no idea why it made a difference, since I am using the desktop version of TT on my Mac, but I cleared my Safari history. I don’t have the others.

I was using Safari

TRS0309

I'm having the same problem and now my account is locked and I can't get it to reopen. 

Hues10

Wow, that was so frustrating beyond belief.  I like many others can't believe the hoops to go through the past week to get Schwab to download.  And I needed it to download since my 1099-B has literally pages and pages of transactions.  First, why did I have to create an Intuit account to download from Schwab.  Not even related companies!  Second, at first, I would click the import box, and I would get a blank pop-up window.  Like it was totally white.  Yes, I changed my screen resolution settings, and of course that did not work.  Then somehow, I started to get a pop-up screen that said something like "we will go out to Schwab now for you to log-in", I would click that, and once again, a blank pop-up screen.  Then finally, someone said to clear all the cookies in the Intuit and Schwab privacy settings in Chrome (or whatever Browser you use).  After Googling how to do that, I had to clear like 38 cookies from those two sites.  Maybe that is how many times I have tried this download crap.  Finally, and I mean finally, I received the Charles Schwab log-in and approval to allow Turbotax to download my 1099's.  Oh, but wait, it didn't work the first time.  I went through it again the second time and believe it or not, it finally worked.  FINALLYYYYYYY

calidianne
Returning Member

I did everything that you did and STILL get a blank screen when trying to import from Schwab.  It works when importing from Wells Fargo.  I am sooo mad!

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Can you try using the FAQ link provided below and comment back here if this does not help with your issue:

How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

@calidianne

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This does not help. It's been 8 days since the Schwab download is supposed to be available, and every time I tried, I still get "Login is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer support."
I do have third party access enabled in my Schwab account.

@speechles Have you tried clearing the history/cookies on any browsers you have used? That’s what finally worked for me. I just cleared my whole history, someone else commented that they just deleted the cookies for anything TurboTax or Schwab related.

DannyBee

I am assuming that you are using TurboTax. The Schwab  downloads go into Quicken. The paper 1099 goes into Turbo Tax. Schwab is never very accurate on the Quicken downloads. Schwab is notorious in miss-coding the transaction detail. It is by far easier to take the Schwab 1099 in hand and enter it into the Turbo Tax. The 1099 will be very accurate. If you have a multitude of stock transactions (capital gains), it can be tedious. I would not waste time on the Schwab transaction detail download. I would have to routinely make corrections into Quicken to what Schwab downloaded to me. The corrections are not financial but miss-coded content. That stuff really can cause you computer to hiccup, screen to flash, and day to be ruined. short term short sales also can be routinely miss-coded. Good luck.

vincet88
Returning Member

Same issue here on TurboTax Mac desktop version. Get to login page and type in my information to get this error: Login is not available, please contact customer support. 

Tried clearing all cookies etc. etc. but does not work.

I can log into my Schwab account outside of TurboTax just fine. Crazy that such large institutions like Schwab and Intuit cannot seem to make this work. Seems like an issue for over a week now. 

vincet88
Returning Member

This does not help. Enabled 3rd party access and still get same issue: Login unavailable, please contact customer support.  Frustrating. 

@Lucy5455. Thank you. Cleared my Chrome (my default browser) cookie and it worked.  

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@vincet88

If this still isn't working for you, please try to utilize the workaround posted on this thread here.

If that still doesn't resolve your experience, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Flocke77
Returning Member

I'm having the exact same problem when trying to import from Charles Schwab. Takes me to Intuit sign-in page for credentials then to another pop-up asking for my Schwab username and password. After entering get the message to try again later or call customer support. Paid-up for this Premier edition for the sole purpose of importing from Schwab. What in heck is the solution?

Flocke77
Returning Member

How did you give access to Schwab through TT? I've looked at every possible option. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies