turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import data from Charles Schwab problem.

Why can't i import data from Charles Schwab.  I contacted Schwab and they said the problem is on the Turbo-tax end.  The message I get tells me to check my internet connection, but the internet is working fine.  I cleared out the cookies.  Still doesn't work...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

148 Replies

When I try to import 1099 documents from Charles Schwab brokerage account, Turbo Tax takes in my Schwab login credentials and just keeps spinning. I do not get an error or time-out. There is no issue with my internet connection. I have successfully imported documents from other financial institutions like Vanguard.

I checked my Charles Schwab account settings and in my security settings, I have given permission to TurboTax for third party access. Is there something I can do to fix this issue?

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Try deleting your browser's cookies. Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ regarding How to delete cookies! If that doesn't work, try using a different browser all together. 

@Ramcs

rookie97

This is a ridiculous issue, now does Turbo Tax not have this working?  Very disappointed.

After a call on Friday to TurboTax and to Charles Schwab, the only good information I received was from Schwab. They said the import problem is a known issue and they are working on it.  No time frame mentioned to fix it.  The support staff at TurboTax kept saying I must be typing in the wrong password for the Schwab account.  I verified that my Schwab account allows third party access to my 1099's so that is not the issue.  I have imported data for years without any issue.  Importing from another brokerage firm this year was fine with no problems.  Most likely, an software internal communication problem originating at Schwab.

Hopefully, TurboTax IT staff can work out the problems with Schwab soon. 

After a call on Friday to TurboTax and to Charles Schwab, the only good information I received was from Schwab. They said the import problem is a known issue and they are working on it.  No time frame mentioned to fix it.  The support staff at TurboTax kept saying I must be typing in the wrong password for the Schwab account.  I verified that my Schwab account allows third party access to my 1099's so that is not the issue.  I have imported data for years without any issue.  Importing from another brokerage firm this year was fine with no problems.  Most likely, an software internal communication problem originating at Schwab.

Hopefully, TurboTax IT staff can work out the problems with Schwab soon. 

seasand

I am having a similar issue.   Trying to Import investment sales detail  from 1099 Charles Schwab.   Turbo Tax side says it all uploaded fine.  But the forms are not filling out, and it gets stuck in the step by step process, for no reason.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

This is a known issue we are working to resolve. You can sign up for progress updates regarding this issue in the below TurboTax help article. 

Why am I stuck in a loop in the Investment Income section when I choose "Walk me through everything?...

@seasand

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Is this the same internal issue that causes my particular problem?  When I try to import Schwab 1099's into TT, I have to first log into my intuit account (no problem), then select Schwab from the list of financial institutions (no problem), then enter my Schwab user ID and password, which is where it fails.  The screen error code says Login is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later or call customer support.  It will repeat a few times before access is denied.  I AM entering the correct Schwab credientials and I have 3rd party access so you can access my Schwav 1099.  It's worked for many years. 

So, again, is this the looping problem to which you referred?  When will it be fixed?  Thanks.

Same problem here for the past few days. I was able to log into my Schwab account on Friday and download all my 1099's with the exception of my 1099b. Since then every attempt to gain access to my Schwab account through TurboTax fails...

Same issue - I have third party software turned on in Schwab - double-checked today and I keep trying to login in TurboTax and it says login not available please call customer service. This is not what I paid for.

Looks like it’s been fixed. I was able to import, but, through TT, I had to give access to Schwab accounts. It’s like the3rd party approval through Schwab needed updating via the TT desktop software. I also logged into Schwab after to verify through the security center link within Schwab. 
good luck to you. 

Having the same problem. Have a mutitude of trades and need to import them but I can't do it now. Hope this issue is resolved soon!!

I was able to now download my 1099 documents into Turbotax from Charles Schwab.

I have tried to import 1099 docs from two Charles Schwab brokerage accounts every day since Friday 2/18/22. I get the same result every time. Turbotax imports the 1099-DIV and 1099-INT with the correct amounts, but the 1099-B has zero dollars and no transactions listed even though I had over 50 transactions in each of the accounts last year. I have contacted Schwab and Turbotax tech supports. Schwab thinks it must be a problem on the Turbotax side. Turbotax made we wait on the phone over an hour and could not tell me if anyone else is having the problem. I asked the Turbotax support person to transfer me to her supervisor. After 30 more minutes I was transferred to someone at Intuit that is not in the Turbotax department and couldn't help me. The customer support at Turbotax is very unsatisfactory and I see no one taking ownership of the problem. The Turbotax tech support person asked me if I could manually enter the transactions. I said there are a 100 transactions and I paid good money to have Turbotax import the data so I wouldn't have to laboriously manually enter it. Manual entry of so many transactions also increases the chances of human error. I've never had this problem with importing into Turbotax before. I'll be looking for other tax software next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies