turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tijhaun2

Why did my stimulus check get rejected

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

We would have no idea. This is a new program. All TurboTax did is give you access to the IRS portal.

tijhaun2

What would I need too do 

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

It depends on your circumstance. If the IRS has your direct deposit information and if you qualify, you will get a check.

For more information, see the resources below:

How will the stimulus package impact me?

What do I need to know about the Coronavirus Stimulus Package?

@tijhaun2

Hey, did you figured out anything yet? Mine got rejected also, and I’m not sure what to do lol. I definitely qualify so... idk why it says it was rejected though this new portal. 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If you are trying to E-file and you already filed a 2019 tax return it will reject because the IRS will not allow two returns with the same SSN.  You will have to mail it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was wondering if someone  can help me. I don't know how to set up and ask a question  so I'm asking by' reply' I got my w2 and  days later I filed my taxes. I answered all the questions  turbo tax asked me and all if them were mandatory  questions to complete my taxes. Two questions were asked, did you recieve  your 1st/2nd stimulus.  I answered yes I got the 1st and no to the 2nd. Carried on and saw my total refund and noticed $2,400 was added on. Kinda confused at that point. So I get my stimulus check in the mail days later go to cash it and its rejected. I feel like it's because of turbo tax. I don't get how it was okay of them to simply ask me a yes or no question then pull my stimulus from me...and  give it to me at a even later date..I've waited a month to recieve my check.   Now I have to wait til beginning  of March to get my money. I wasn't notified by turbo tax or informed it would mess my incoming check up and I had no choice if I wanted to file my taxes.  I had to answer yes or no. Do you think that's the reason my check was rejected? And who do I speak with about this because I'm throughly upset this has happened  due to lack of communicating on turbo taxes side. If I'd known it would hurt me, I wouldn't  of filed my taxes. Which is insane anyone should be able to file and not be at ride with their checks.  It's just absolutely messed up to me :( and it should be fixed!

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

This is an IRS issue with certainty.  The fact that you filed your tax return with the stimulus information that was correct on the date you filed was the correct action on your part.  TurboTax is automatically including the new IRS Recovery Rebate Credit worksheet to make sure you get what you are entitled to.  We would have no knowledge about the check you received or why it was rejected.

The IRS has not yet begun to accept e-file tax returns with the exception of a small number of them during their testing period.  The IRS begins accepting returns through e-file on February 12th. Be sure to keep your records and the check copy that was rejected (if it was returned to you), with the rest of your tax records.

Same I filed my taxes January 30th. I never received my second stimulus till the second week of February when the IRS page said I would receive it the January 6th then when I got my stimulus check it got rejected. It’s page says It “still processing”. 

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

If your return was rejected because you included the Recovery Rebate Credit, which you then received, remove the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet from your return and e-file your return again.

To do this please follow these steps:

TurboTax Online

1. While in your return, click on Tax Tools > Tools (in the black bar at the side of your screen).  
  2. In the Tools Center, under Other helpful links click on Delete a form.
  3. Click Delete next to Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions. 
  4. Once you have finished deleting the desired form(s) click the Continue with My Return box (in the lower right of your screen).

TurboTax CD/Download

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar
  2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet and delete.
  3. Click on the Delete Form box at the bottom of the screen.
  4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.  

@Bposas

I have a few questions. I filed my taxes early, Jan. 18th, then I got sent an email from.intuit saying my refund was accepted by the irs on Feb.10th.  So im assuming 21 days later (around now, Id get my taxes,, its been  exactly 27 days since tuebo said I was accpeted by IRS,) Then out the blue  I get an email.from.intuit stating I'm one step closer, that in the next 24 to 48 hours I'll be told if my refund will  be (accepted )or rejected. How is that? When turbo tax told.me the IRS accepted  my refund weeks and weeks ago by the irs. Am I missing something? I check my efile.status on tuebo tax site ans it's saying I was accepted feb 10th. Ywt in the most recent email it's saying transmitted confirmation return transmitted March 7th and its saying  est.acceptance date March 9th. What's this mean? I've been under the notion from.turbo tax I was already accpeted weeks ago. Can someone please explain.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@Jessica8925

Mine was rejected as well I received my tax refund in my bank account but I got a check in the mail for my stimulus check. When I went to cash it. It was rejected. All my info is right and I don't understand what do I do

@Matt goddi 

Please explain

"When I went to cash it. It was rejected. "

You received a stimulus check and tried to cash it?  Where did you try to cash the check?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies