Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If my taxes got rejected will I still get my stimulus check

That does not work, sorry to say. Been dealing with the PIN problem since late January & have spoken to the IRS personally. They make it VERY complicated 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you are unable to verify your identity using the options below, you will need to speak to someone at the IRS when they resume normal operations, which will hopefully be soon.  

Most taxpayers don't need an an IP PIN — the IRS only issues them in select cases.

If you know you need an IP PIN to file your taxes and you lost your CP01A letter (or never received it), you can:

• Retrieve your IP PIN online at the IRS's Get an IP PIN site; or
  • Call the IRS at 1-800-908-4490 to have your IP PIN mailed to you (this can take up to 21 days)

We're unable to issue IP PINs and you won't find them on your tax paperwork. You can only get IP PINs from the IRS.

@LoriNicolls

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DawnC 

Hey Dawn!

Thanks so much for your reply. I can’t retrieve it online, so I will have to wait for them to open. They wanted 5 forms of identification, such as a mortgage (don’t have) credit card number (don’t have anymore) & a Student Loan account number. THAT I have! 

Now it refuses to take my student loan account number, saying it’s WRONG lololol... I even called the Department of Education to cross reference the number & its 100% accurate. I can’t PROVE my identity to save my life to the IRS. 

Same situation here. 

I FINALLY GOT MY IPPIN!!

I have been trying for months and it finally happened. I was able to verify my identity with the IRS.  I thought that because the verification website moved forward from the "Name and address" screen, that I had all that correct. When you submit your financial account information, it verifies everything you put in, even from the prior pages (Name, Address, SSN, Filing status etc). So if one piece of information is wrong, it will say "cant verify..."  So this is what I did.

1. Call IRS fraud department (they are open). I verified things like what address they had on file for me, what my last filing status was, and how they have my name (married or maiden name). 

2. Call Experian's dispute department to get my student loan account number from them. Only they have access to the full number that shows up on your credit report and the IRS is using Experian to verify the financial portion.

3. I used all caps for my name. 

*I tried the acct# that Experian dispute rep gave me yesterday and it did not work and I was locked out for 24hrs. I tried again today with the correct "Name, Address, Filing Status etc" and it worked. 

I hope this helps someone because I have almost about pulled all my hair out trying to get this IPPIN

-Pinkie 

Benecio
Returning Member

Same boat have you been able to do anything???

Benecio
Returning Member

I realized your post was 3 weeks ago but everything you've said is my exact situation have you gotten anything or been able to do anything about it 

Benecio
Returning Member

That's what was happening to me have you been able to do anything about it 

Benecio
Returning Member

We were talking about the identity protection pin not the pin you make for yourself 

Benecio
Returning Member

Same **bleep** boat dude like if everyone is getting one basically why not just give it to us regardless of ip pin I was talking to a f ing HOMELESS MAN that didn't know about it uses a homeless shelter as address and HE GOT ONE wtf

Benecio
Returning Member

It's an identity protection pin us that need that have had something fishy happen with our taxes at some point and now every year they have to send a specialized number via snail mail in order for them to verify our identities so without that we cannot do anything the non filers tool is basically filing taxes on a short form but in any case its still filing so without the pin its just rejected 

4pinkyj
Returning Member

The reject code is F1040-164-01

MY TAXES GOT REJECTED,I USED TURBO TAX.HOW CAN I GET MY STIMULUS?

@ladynakia1986 Some rejected returns can be fixed and re-filed.  Some have “un-fixable” reasons for the rejection and have to be mailed instead.

You received a rejection email that we cannot see.  Please tell us word for word what it says so we know how to help you.  Or even copy and paste the email message.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Sashella53
Returning Member

I didn't received anything about my 2018 was rejected, why, and will i get a stimulus check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies