turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If my taxes got rejected will I still get my stimulus check

By filing a 2020 return the third stimulus "MAY" be issued in advance otherwise you will need to wait and get the credit on the 2021 return you file next year.

As for the stimulus money the EX didn't share ... that is a legal issue you should have addressed in the divorce  or  you need to call the EX and request the money be turned over to you and/or contact your attorney.

@Hello1323

"...will I still receive my 3rd and 4th one...?"

As of now, there is no 4th stimulus check.  There have been three.  The first one could have been for up to $1200, the 2nd one was for $600, and the 3rd one was for $1400.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

So I used turbo past 7years and this year well it hasnt went well. So I filed my self employment and unemployment all that good stuff and finally irs is approved my refund but without giving me my  2nd stimulus as irs says my dependants info was incorrect but it is not incorrect nor incomplete.? Im not sure what to do as im furious over this because ive never had this issue. Please help what do I do amend my 2020 return?

@Theresan3   

That is one of the list of generic reasons they give.

A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts or entered the wrong amounts in the 2 boxes.  If you entered the total you got for both rounds in the same box it would think you didn't get the other one.  The IRS knows how much they already sent you.  You might have tried to claim it again on line 30.

I haven't received my refund as of right now it's set to deposit in my account on May 12th however I received the first stimulus and did not receive the second stimulus because of my bank account was closed and I did not know it at the time so when I filed my 2020 tax returns I had to do the recovery rebate for the second stimulus and I only put on there for the second stimulus because they questioned me and asked me if I received the first one also the 2nd and answered yes for the first one in the second no and it said that I qualified for the 2nd stimulus however fast forward to today they cut my refund in 1/2 and the IRS is claiming that reasoning is because these folowing reasons.. my kids social security numbers was wrong & their last names are wrong not what they have on file which I checked its all correct and lastly that my gross income was computed incorrectly on my 2020 return. I have spoken with someone at TurboTax and they say that everything is correct but if my gross income was computed incorrectly then it would not have let me be filed at the end on TurboTax and that I will need to call the IRS before the money is set to deposit in my account to get them to fix whatever on their end that they're trying to tell me that is wrong cuz everything that they are saying that is wrong I've checked and it all is correct and I never received the second stimulus because of my bank account was closed

Oh if they sent you the 2nd one but the bank account was closed you have to ask the IRS.  They took it off because they know they already sent it.

If you claimed a missing stimulus payment on your return but the IRS took it off you have to ask the IRS. They have to put a trace on it.

How to put a trace on a missing 1st or 2nd Stimulus payment

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/second-eip-faqs

[email address removed]

F1040-164-01 is the reject  code it keeps giving me

So even though that they reject my year 2021 timberland do I still get it

What is timberland?   If your 2021 tax return was rejected you will not get the Stimulus payment. If you didn't already get the 3rd Stimulus payment last year in March-May you have to file a 2021 return and claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30.  

my taxes got rejected and I mail I didi receiver and think yet

If you printed and mailed your return keep waiting.   The IRS is taking 6 months or more to process  mailed returns.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies