Get your taxes done using TurboTax

I FINALLY GOT MY IPPIN!!

I have been trying for months and it finally happened. I was able to verify my identity with the IRS.  I thought that because the verification website moved forward from the "Name and address" screen, that I had all that correct. When you submit your financial account information, it verifies everything you put in, even from the prior pages (Name, Address, SSN, Filing status etc). So if one piece of information is wrong, it will say "cant verify..."  So this is what I did.

1. Call IRS fraud department (they are open). I verified things like what address they had on file for me, what my last filing status was, and how they have my name (married or maiden name). 

2. Call Experian's dispute department to get my student loan account number from them. Only they have access to the full number that shows up on your credit report and the IRS is using Experian to verify the financial portion.

3. I used all caps for my name. 

*I tried the acct# that Experian dispute rep gave me yesterday and it did not work and I was locked out for 24hrs. I tried again today with the correct "Name, Address, Filing Status etc" and it worked. 

I hope this helps someone because I have almost about pulled all my hair out trying to get this IPPIN

-Pinkie