turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If i don't file from turbotax, will i be still charged?

I have entered all my information, but I have not filed my returns from here, will I still get charged for amount
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
Jimesa

If you do not file your returns then you will not be charged. TurboTax online is designed for you to be able to "test drive" the product before you buy. Once you've decided you want to e-file (or file by mail) you will first register your product, choosing a payment method and then file. 

I didn’t e-filed and got charged. Talked to representative Marissa and told me I won’t get my payment back just become I used the software. Not happy at all and not assuming this response. Moreover, will never use this platform again if I don’t receive my money back.

I didn’t e-filed and got charged. Talked to representative Marissa and told me I won’t get my payment back just become I used the software. Not happy at all and not assuming this response. Moreover, will never use this platform again if I don’t receive my money back.

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is not true. Called 02/25th and talked to Rep. Marisa. She told me to my face that would not receive my payment back just because I used the software. I didn't print out nor e-file BUT I was inmediatly charged $130. This is a scam and I'll let everyone know about this. Not happy. Not coming back to Turbotax. This is shameful. I'm so mad right now. I'm still waiting for the Refund Policy Marisa promessed to send my email.

I had the same thing happen to me. Apparently "pay only when you file" is false advertising.

Same here. I REQUESTED a refund five min ago. I filled out a request for refund form online and now am in the waiting space. Maybe I should call. This company will get sued and we will all be part of the lawsuit. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

You may give a follow up call; contact number is listed here @venusfreedom.

Same is happening with me, they are unable to file for me after taking money and refund also denied 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

What do you mean specifically by saying "they are unable to file for me" what issue are you having? This thread is under the topic of e-file rejects, if this is essentially your issue, then please review this resource @pravakarnayak.

I am getting a server error and have yet worked with 3 customer care executives since yesterday and have spent 6 hours in fixing and TurboTax has no solution yet. and now they ask me to file in mail rather returning my credit card charge

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please provide the specific server error message you are receiving?

@pravakarnayak

Your transmission didn't go through

We could not e-file your return for the following reason:
A server problem occurred while processing your e-file. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies