turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I updated TurboTax 2020 today (1/11/2021) with the latest program update. When TT restarted, it asked for the product key. My TT account says no active products! Help!

I checked my email history and can't find the product key. My bad there, but why doesn't TT have a record of my purchases anymore?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I updated TurboTax 2020 today (1/11/2021) with the latest program update. When TT restarted, it asked for the product key. My TT account says no active products! Help!

If you're being asked to re-enter your license code multiple times or after a software update, go here.

Your license code is a 16-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX) that verifies the software and allows you to finish installing and begin using TurboTax.

Note: The 2019 product has a 14-character combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX).

Here’s where to find it:

TurboTax Download 

If you downloaded TurboTax directly from an authorized retailer, your license code should be included in your order confirmation. Check your email or your order history. If it’s not there, you’ll need to contact the retailer directly.

If you downloaded TurboTax directly from TurboTax.com, you can find your license code:

1. On your order confirmation screen.
  2. In your email confirmation.
  3. In your My downloads folder.
    • Go to turbotax.intuit.com. Under the Products & Pricing menu, select Access my downloads.
    • Sign in to your account. Make sure it’s the same one you used to purchase the software license.
    • Select Downloads. Your license code will be shown under the TurboTax product name.
    • Return to the install screen and enter the code to continue.
      • You can copy/paste the code into the entry fields.

If you downloaded TurboTax through TurboTax Advantage, you can find your license code:

1. In your notification email.
  2. In your My downloads folder.
    • Go to turbotax.intuit.com. Under the Products & Pricing menu, select Access my downloads.
    • Sign in to your account. Make sure it’s the same one you used to purchase the software license.
    • Select Downloads. Your license code will be shown under the TurboTax product name.
    • Return to the install screen and enter the code to continue.
      • You can copy/paste the code into the entry fields.

TurboTax CD

If you obtained the TurboTax CD from an authorized retailer, your license code is printed on the front of the insert in your box.

If you obtained the TurboTax CD directly from TurboTax.com, your license code is printed on the packing slip.

If you obtained the TurboTax CD through TurboTax Advantage, your license code is printed on the envelope.

Still can’t find your code? Contact us.

Related Information:

if your info is missing it means you have two or more accounts with Intuit/TurboTax and you logged into the wrong one.

ph0fly

That's BS.  What  if I have a Intuit account for business and one personal? The product should not do this period.  Ive used a version of the product for close to 30 years and have not had issues until recently.  What if the product code is thrown out/shredded for SECURITY purposes?  Telling users to "If you're still experiencing issues after following these steps, contact a local support technician for additional assistance."  is really ballsy and gutless at the same time.

on this forum, unless flagged as an employee of Intuit, we're just users and we can't see your tax return or account.

for assistance, that's the job of TurboTax customer support.

same problem here and i need my 2019 program to work!!!

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@cheetoes22 It is best to contact TurboTax support for assistance so they can help you with a product key. 

Please review the article below.

What is the TurboTax phone number?   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies