Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I purchased a Turbo tax cd and license code. Where do I enter it?

After you install the program but before it launches and opens there will be an Activation box to enter the License Code.  

How to activate the Desktop CD/Download program

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/activating-turbotax-cd-download-software/01/852971

If you can't see the Activation screen, 

Are you on Windows 10?  See this post for a couple things to try like changing your screen resolution to 800x600

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/blank-activation-screen/00/1754686

jscarf2

hi.  Please help.  Your program will not take my licence code.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this if your license code doesn't work when you enter it. If you continue to have an issue please contact us.

@jscarf2

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Fixeroh

I had a different and more frustrating license code issue today. Purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe 2020 from Costco in January. Installed and activated without issue. Worked on my taxes in Feb but did not file as I owed some to the Feds. Last file date stamp is 15 Feb. Launched Turbo Tax today to finally file and I'm asked to provide a license code. Lovely. I have the CD but not the original packaging so no code. Never happened to me before. Will not even launch without code by double clicking last saved file for 2020 tax year. Means I have to repurchase Turbo Tax again. I called tech support to see if we could retrieve the license code from the computer registry. No such luck. Folks, definitely keep  the license code safe along with the physical CD if you purchased the hard copy of Turbo Tax. 

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.

And support can give you a new code.  Try calling them again.

Fixeroh

That is an interesting concept for sure! Never considered that. Believe my computer is exactly as it was when I initially installed Turbo Tax. Even tried reinserting the CD to see if something would spark an activation. No luck unfortunately. My fault for discarding the original CD container and only keeping the CD. Wound up ordering a download version of Deluxe and using that code to activate the product. Taxes are now filed. Thanks for your input however. Excellent idea!

lop-858-rwp
Returning Member

I am 90 yrs old. Have used turbo tax for 15 yrs. never had trouble loading. I have PREMIER.  Have a new computer & can old one that caused trouble to start with. Need it down loaded I have license code.

lop-858-rwp
Returning Member

ZCAF-LHE7-48CB-9XQ9

YIKES!  Do not post your license code here.  We can't do anything with it or look it up. This is a public user forum and not Customer Service.  

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

It depends. When you install the program using the installation CD, the program will ask for a license code to unlock the program to complete the installation. Please use this link to  Contact Us to contact live support to help you install the program.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
fshacktn
Returning Member

I see no License code box on the ativation screen

tincantoo

CD installation finished without prompting for license code. However, launching TurboTax popped up a blank box titled TurboTax Deluxe 2020 - Activation.

Just a bank titled white box with no place nor prompt to enter the license code to activate. While the Intuit software in the background saying "OK, we know it's taking a little more than a moment...".  What can be done here?

Marcjeanty
Returning Member

I  Want to complete filing.

@Marcjeanty wrote:

I  Want to complete filing.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies