turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

imohammed

I paid for IRS Tax 2021 using my turbo tax to IRS but they IRS has no record of it

I paid for IRS Tax approximate using my turbo tax to IRS. The amount of $8900 was taken from my checking account. The description of the withdrawal on my bank account shows USATAXPYMT.  How do I find out what happened to my payment?

:: Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I paid for IRS Tax 2021 using my turbo tax to IRS but they IRS has no record of it

How do you know that the IRS has no record of the payment?

Is the payment showing in your tax account on the IRS website? - https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

imohammed

I probably don't know how to check but in IRS account there is no record of my payment.  I see a letter posted in my account by IRA that says my tax return was not filed on time. 

On April 19th, I received an email from Intuit that extension was approved.

::Thanks

imohammed

I found the IRS page where they show payment was received.

On the main page --> Under Payments section --> Click on Payment Activity.  It shows my payment.

Just for others seeing this thread in the future ...  TT makes no tax payments to anyone for any reason at anytime.   

If you set up the debit or CC payment  when filing the federal return this was done thru a third party provider   which is why  "USATAXPYMT"  is the name on your bank/CC statement.  After the return was filed and accepted for processing the payment is activated by the processing bank.  

Carl
Level 15

A few other things to consider too.

1. If your state taxes personal income, is the letter from your state and not the IRS? Maybe you paid your federal estimate of taxes to the IRS, yet failed to pay the state or vice-versa.

2. Did the transaction actually go through? If there was insufficient funds on the date of the attempted ACH withdrawal by the taxing authority, the attempt may show up on the bank statement, yet show that it was rejected by the bank/credit union.  Typically, the next line on the statement would show a charge for "insufficient funds" or something of the such if your bank/credit union charges a fee for that.

3. Check the bank statement again to see if maybe the withdrawal was "returned" at a later date. I've never seen it, but I've heard of it happening for various reasons I've never understood.

if you paid with request for extension of time, then that credit goes on your tax return.

Your statement of account should be notated as such.

Then, see Form 1040 Line  31 from Schedule 3 Line 10.

@imohammed 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies