Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to open my 2020 Turbotax return file, but no longer have the 2020 T-tax software I'd downloaded. Any ideas for how to open the file?

(I no longer have the computer I had 2020 loaded on).  Thanks!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I need to open my 2020 Turbotax return file, but no longer have the 2020 T-tax software I'd downloaded. Any ideas for how to open the file?

If you purchased the 2020 download from TurboTax.com it should still be in your downloads and you can download it again, to your new computer, the same way you downloaded it the first time.

How do I download my software from TurboTax.com?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

The only way to open the 2020 TurboTax tax data file is with the TurboTax software for 2020.  If you no longer have the software it can be purchased and downloaded from this website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/2020/

If you saved your return in both tax data and pdf formats, you don't need the TurboTax program to open the pdf file.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If you purchased the 2020 download from TurboTax.com it should still be in your downloads and you can download it again, to your new computer, the same way you downloaded it the first time.

How do I download my software from TurboTax.com?

I'm trying to download the software from 2021 for Mac so I can refile / amend my taxes.  I've been in an endless webpage jump for an hour.  Every time I get to the site where I enter my license and then choose PC or Mac, the Mac option immediately fades to grey and says UNSUPPORTED.  Ahh.  If anyone has a working linking where I can download the 2021 desk top version for Mac I would be eternally grateful. 

This is a known problem on some accounts.  Contact TurboTax support for assistance with this problem.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies