Installing TurboTax software on a Mac is an easy, 2-step process:
- Insert your CD into your Mac's CD/DVD drive or double-click your TurboTax download's .dmg file, which will mount a virtual drive on your desktop. The drive should automatically open.
- Follow the directions in the pop-up window to drag the red "TurboTax checkmark" icon to the Applications folder in the pop-up window.
- Don't drag it to the Applications folder already on your Mac. It needs to go into the Applications folder in the pop-up.
- When you get to the Your product is installed, now let's activate it screen, enter your license code in the License code box, and select Continue to complete installation.
- It’s a 14-digit combination of letters and numbers (XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) that can be found on your CD box insert, envelope, or packing slip, or in your Download confirmation email and/or order history. Need help finding it? Go here.
You're done! To open your program, double-click TurboTax in the Applications folder. Ensure that you are running the program from the Applications folder, not from the mounted virtual drive or CD.