turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Braddrip

I need to ask a question not already answered

I'm 20 years old stayin

g with my parents who haven't filed there 2019 taxes. In 2018 I was a dependent but in 2019 I made well over $4000 provided for most of my needs and for my occupation on my profile it says student, but I haven't been in school for a year. I don't qualify for the stimulus how do i fix this

Breannahillin12
Returning Member

Mom filed me as dependent in2018 got her stimulus. I filed 2019. Didn’t check mark that says people can file me as dependent. Mom filed 2019 and didn’t claim me. Will I get my stimulus??

When I login to my TurboTax app it tells me to go to ww.freedomtax.com why is that when I already got a email From TurboTax saying the IRS had already excepted My Tax return

Jakes2

My wife and I are both payroll  deducted employees. I completed our taxes on by phone,  filing jointly, as usual. We owed $1003 dollars in federal taxes and I included my banking info for the IRS to deduct the$1003 dollars owed. Because we owed more than $1000 the IRS included 4 voucher's  to pay estimated quarterly taxes for 2020. Because of the Corona virus,  my wife was aware that the deadline to pay taxes was extended to July. Not knowing that I had included our banking info for the IRS to deduct $1003 directly from our account, she sent, in good faith, $502 dollars attached to 2 2020 estimated  tax vouchers to the IRS. The $502 check was cashed and the IRS ALSO took $1003 from my bank account. I have since increased my wage withholding to avoid any underpayment in the future. Is there a procedure to get this money refunded. We are not required to pay estimated quarterly taxes and we both have fixed incomes?  Can you provide any assistance?

Sorry you have to claim it on your 2020 return next year as estimated payments.  So don't forget to manually enter it next year.

Miley04

Someone used my name to file taxes so now I can't file mine or get a stimulus check how do I get this fixed 

I am an international student who incorrectly filed form 1040 on TurboTax instead of 1040NR. I understand that I can amend federal tax by filing 1040-X but I want to known how to amend state tax. (I live in Mississippi.)

Additionally, the amended form takes around 16 weeks of processing after which I get the interest penalty amount I can mail the IRS. However, I am going to move out of the country soon temporarily. Is there a way I can convey this to IRS and pay the penalty online? 

I need to find out if my income tax has been sent to a different account and my stimulus as well

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

It will be sent to which ever account you indicated on your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I've carryover 8 years of credits.  Now I'd like apply those credits reduce my 2019 federal taxes.  Assuming I know how to carryback and carryforward  what else must  I do?? (kind of frustrating).

Thanks for assistance.

Thanks for your reply but I don't understand it.  I am asking how to communicate to IRS how these Foreign Tax Credits I've carried for 8 years are applied can be applied to my 2019 taxes.  There's a Carry back carry forward procedure discussed by IRS to claim credits.  If I document that in my return will that suffice to apply the credits to 2019 taxes due?

Thanks

debi642

How do i get back to number of months conducted business in home office? I went to schedule C but the initial information for number of months, square footage, etc are never displayed.  I entered the wrong number of months and need to correct it. I've gone into profile and it's not there and then it just jumps to the deductions. Thank you!

123123aa

Hello, 

In February, filed and  paid the  tax federal taxes early, then in July, filed an extension form to October to be able to contribute all the claimed SEP amount.

looks ok?

@123123aa What?  

"..... filed and  paid the  tax federal taxes early,"    What do you mean by "filed?"  If you e-filed a tax return, you cannot get an extension for 2019.  If you filed your return without some of the information that should have been included then you can amend the return.  Why did you request an extension?  An extension gives you extra time to file your Form 1040.  If you already filed it, asking for an extension makes no sense.  Or do you mean you filled out a Form 1040 in February, but did not actually e-file it?  Sometimes users say they "filed" when all they mean is that they put information into the software program.

So---we need to know what you actually did in February.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Anonymous
Not applicable

the deadline for making the SEP contribution was the due date of your return which was 7/15/2020.  since you file before the due date the extension is invalid so if you contributed after 7/15/20 it's an excess contribution. unless the fiduciary will change it to a 2020 contribution.  either way, if made after 7/15 you need to amend the return. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies