turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I need to ask a question not already answered

If you have added the Live expert help feature,

How to connect to an expert in Turbo Tax

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/expert-review/help/how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-...

Otherwise for Plus or higher,

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday - Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Post your question to this thread for assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jesper69

I need to amend my 2016 tax return. I didn’t prepare them with TurboTax. If I pay for the 16 software will I be able to amend?

Yes.  To amend a return you did somewhere else, you would first have to fill out Turbo Tax like you are doing the original return and pay for it.  You have to recreate the actual wrong original return.  Then when it matches each line that you really filed you have to tell Turbo Tax you will mail it so it thinks it was filed.  Then you can amend it.

You can recreate the original return using the Forms Mode.  Then say to mail it.  How to amend a Desktop return,

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-return-in-the-turbotax-cd-download...

gohome

Was my turbo tax complete ?

Is it with the IRS now?

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

You will need to sign in to your account to see if your return has been accepted by the IRS.

After you sign in to your account, on the first page you will see your 2019 tax return. It will say either Pending, Accepted or Rejected. If it is rejected, follow the link to correct the return. If it is pending, you will have to wait and sign in later. 

@gohome

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

I haven't received my 2015 taxes from turbotax  and I would like to know why 

BillM223
Expert Alumni

When did you file your 2015 return? TurboTax never had your refund (it would actually be illegal for TurboTax to route the refund back to itself).

Either the IRS sent you the refund, or the Treasury Offset program seized the refund for your debts, or the refund was routed to a 3rd party bank to be placed on a debit card. 

So did you expect a refund, and how did you expect the refund to be sent to you?

I'm trying to finish up my tax return and it gets to one stop and won't go any further.  So is there any way I can do it over the phone with an agent 

De11
Returning Member

Hello can you answer my questions

I did my taxes with turbo tax. they said I would get a refund. I entered my bank information. few days later I got a notice saying I owed the irs. they took my refund. will my stimilas check be direct deposited?

hollyleckert
Returning Member

Please can you tell me how I get my green dot information to turbo tax for my refund direct deposit

Ifiled my taxes on line 9a i put 2 for my tAxes. Will this stop my simulus check for me or my husbanf

Gatortrav

I bought a house and purchased a MCC credit.  It's a mortgage credit certificate.  I didn't see any section for this.  I inputted the interest that I've paid on my house on the form 1098.  But found nothing about my MCC credit that I purchased in North Carolina.  Can you tell me what to do

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies