turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need my 2019 agi

i need it for this years taxes
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need my 2019 agi

Your 2019 AGI is on your 2019 1040 form.  Line 8b on Form 1040 and 1040-SR (for tax year 2019).

The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2019 AGI:

• If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2019, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on line 8b. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2019 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2019 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2019 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

Married Filing Separately in 2019 but filing jointly in 2020?

Filed jointly in 2019 but are Married Filing Separately in 2020?

You won't find your AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form because those forms don't take into account over a dozen above-the-line deductions that go into calculating your AGI.

View solution in original post

116 Replies

I need my 2019 agi

Your 2019 AGI is on your 2019 1040 form.  Line 8b on Form 1040 and 1040-SR (for tax year 2019).

The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

• If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2019, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on line 8b. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2019 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2019 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

If you didn't file a 2019 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

You won't find your AGI on your W-2 or 1099 form because those forms don't take into account over a dozen above-the-line deductions that go into calculating your AGI.

I need my 2019 agi

How can I get my AGI if I can't get into my turbo tax account from last year

I need my 2019 agi

I got rejected on my taxes this year cause I need my AGi from last year

I need my 2019 agi

I did not fill taxt 2019 but I did file  last year needy AGi

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need my 2019 agi

See our FAQ on how you can obtain your Last year's AGI from your taxes filed with Turbo Tax.

kjsd2912

I need my 2019 agi

I need my 2019 agi for my 2020 tax filing.

I need my 2019 agi

You need your 2019 AGI to efile 2020. The AGI is on 2019 1040 line 8b. If you filed a Joint return you use the same AGI for each spouse.

How to find the AGI.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

If you didn't file 2019 or filed it later in the year then try entering 0 for the AGI. If that doesn't work you will have to print and mail your return.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

I need my 2019 agi

Are you looking for your 2018 AGI amount?

If you have your 2018's tax return, read here: Find your AGI

If you don't have 2018 tax return but used TurboTax to file, you can access your account here Login and download a copy of your prior year’s 1040 tax return to find your AGI.  Click here for instructions: Prior year's return

If you do not have a copy of the tax forms, you may order a transcript from the IRS.  Click here Get  Transcript and select  "Get Transcript Online "  or request a full copy of your past year's tax return.  Click here: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-4506

The IRS uses your prior year AGI to verify your identity and allow you to e-file your return. If what you entered doesn't match what the IRS has on file for you, then the IRS will reject your return. 

@npar4

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I need my 2019 agi

Yes

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

I need my 2019 agi

To get your 2019 AGI, you have to go to the source of where you completed your return. If you completed your return Online, you can log in and find the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on your Tax Home page.

If you completed your return on your Desktop software, you can pull up your PDF and find it on form 1040 line 8b

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information, How do I find last year’s AGI?

I need my 2019 agi

im trying to finishb up my taxes and irs needs my agi so here i am trying to get that to them plz text me asap with information

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

I need my 2019 agi

We do not have an AGI that we can text to you.

If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).

If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2019, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on line 8b. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.

If you're having trouble locating your 2019 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2019 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

@jorge27cabral

I need my 2019 agi

Please text/email my AGI for my 2019 tax return.

AlanT222
Expert Alumni

I need my 2019 agi

We do not have access to your tax information.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies