Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I need my 2019 agi

@ proman52 wrote:

I am trying process my taxes now and it is requiring me to provide last years AGI.  Can I get that through your records of my returns?

Did you use Online TurboTax for your 2019 return?  If you had used the same account, it should have transferred in from last year, so you may have multiple accounts.

Try this first to be sure the 2019 return is not in that account, and I've also left info on finding multiple accounts.

Go to the Tax Home, and scroll way down and expand the section "Your Tax  Returns & Documents".  Choose tax year 2019, and then click "Download/print the PDF", or if you just need the 2019 AGI, there is also a link "View adjusted gross income (AGI)."  If you can't find your 2019 return there, then you likely have multiple accounts.   (NOTE:  Any return prepared in desktop software--CD/download--will not be in a online account.)    Many people end up with multiple accounts without realizing it.   Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

If you can't find your other account after all that, report back.

I need my 2019 agi

I need 2019 agi

PattiF
Expert Alumni

I need my 2019 agi

Your 2019 AGI is on your 2019 1040 form.  Line 8b on Form 1040 and 1040-SR (for tax year 2019).

The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

You will be able to find your 2019 AGI in a few places

1. If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  2. If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2019, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on line 8b. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  3. If you are unable to find your 2019 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2019 return. Both versions will include your AGI.  The Online transcript is easy to apply for & in about 15 mins. you have your information.

If you didn't file a 2019 federal tax return (or you haven't filed one yet), enter 0 as your AGI.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jdhalford

I need my 2019 agi

I need my 2019 AGI to file my @2020 tax.

I need my 2019 agi

@jdhalford wrote:

I need my 2019 AGI to file my @2020 tax.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $43 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

jdhalford

I need my 2019 agi

I cannot find my 2019 tax form to obtain the AGI.

I need my 2019 agi

@ jdhalford wrote:

I cannot find my 2019 tax form to obtain the AGI.

Was it prepared in Online TurboTax?   If so, you may have more than one account.   NOTE:  Any return prepared in desktop software (CD/download) will not be in an online account.

Log in and go to the Tax Home.  Scroll down the Tax Home page to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents."  Expand that section and choose tax year 2019.  Then you can choose to "Download/print the PDF", or if you just need the 2019 AGI, then once you choose 2019 there should be a link to "View adjusted gross income (AGI.)"

If you do all that, but there's no evidence of prior returns in that section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", then you likely have multiple accounts and signed into the wrong one.    Many people end up with multiple accounts.

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, etc., you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first if you can still access it.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

If still no luck after running that on your phone number you can still access and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, scroll down a bit, then choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

SmithJr1234
Returning Member

I need my 2019 agi

Again I need my 2019 tax return

I need my 2019 agi

@SmithJr1234 wrote:

Again I need my 2019 tax return

READ all the posts on this thread.  The answer to your request has been posted multiple times.

I need my 2019 agi

How do I get into my old account I just had to make a new one I’m just trying to get a copy of my tax return 

I need my 2019 agi

@Yolanda branch wrote:

How do I get into my old account I just had to make a new one I’m just trying to get a copy of my tax return 

Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) and regain access.

Mjv19w4

I need my 2019 agi

I need my ago for 2019 taxes filled thru turbo taxes. Email is [email address removed]

[phone number removed]

I need my 2019 agi

You need your 2019 AGI to efile 2020. The AGI is on 2019 1040 line 8b. If you filed a Joint return you use the same AGI for each spouse.

How to find the AGI.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

If you didn't file 2019 or filed it later in the year then try entering 0 for the AGI. If that doesn't work you will have to print and mail your return.

Or request a transcript from the IRS
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

PattiF
Expert Alumni

I need my 2019 agi

The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2019 AGI:

• If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2019, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2019 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2019 return. Both versions will include your AGI.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
67SKINNER

I need my 2019 agi

I NEED MY AGI FOR 2019 I FILES THROUGH TURBO TAX YEAR IN 2019 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies