turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mharlynn

I'm waiting on an email for a verification code. I can't check my email without closing turbo tax. What do I do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies

I'm waiting on an email for a verification code. I can't check my email without closing turbo tax. What do I do

I assume you are in the process of efiling and referring to the 6-digit code to verify.   If you close the TurboTax window that asked for the code and leave to get your emailed code, the code will then be seen as invalid or expired.

You have to keep the window open that asks for the code.   You must use either a second window or a second tab to check your email.  All common browsers can open a second window or a second tab.  Another option is to check your email in a different browser while keeping the first one open, but you shouldn't have to do that.

Here's another option if you have a smart phone.  On your computer you can leave the TurboTax window open while you then use your phone's browser to check your email.

I need to know can you text me the information the code

@bonechocolate007 wrote:

I need to know can you text me the information the code

This is  mainly a user community forum--not a direct route to TurboTax Support.  No one can text you a code from the forum, but you "might" be able to set that option in your Account Settings.

Log in, and at the Tax Home go to the left menu column and scroll down and click on "Intuit Account."

That will open your account settings.

Look at all your email and phone choices.

Be sure your email address is correct, and see if it has a place for you to choose text messages instead.

If no luck after all that, and if you are using a paid edition, you can phone TurboTax Support.   (Free Edition does not have phone support unless upgraded to PLUS at 29.99.)

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you are using Free Edition, you can contact a TurboTax Support agent for free via messaging at Twitter or Facebook and let someone from TurboTax further advise you.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

dtaggart2001
Returning Member

I TRIED TO OPEN A SECOND BROWSER.  NO SUCCESS.

dtaggart2001
Returning Member

CANNOT DO THAT.  MY PHONE IS SET TO PREVENT MY EMAIL FROM BEING ACCESSIBLE.

@dtaggart2001 wrote:

CANNOT DO THAT.  MY PHONE IS SET TO PREVENT MY EMAIL FROM BEING ACCESSIBLE.

Use a computer or other mobile device where you can have two browser windows opened and where you can access your email account and the TurboTax website.

I closed the turbotax while waiting for the email verifacion how do I get it back open

To late the window is closed How do I reopen it

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

@Frohoefer4141 are you using the TurboTax mobile app or are you trying to use TurboTax.com on your mobile device?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Deb1104

I m using a galaxy 8 phone

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

@Deb1104 Here is an option if you have a smart phone. On your computer you can leave the TurboTax window open while you then use your phone's browser to check your email.

"mesquitebean"

You can also request that the six digit code be sent to you via text message. Do this by going into your Turbo Tax Account:

1. Go to My Account.

2. Go to Security Tab.

3. Choose the option to get a text message under the Two Step Verification.

Additional information regarding entering the 6 digit verification code to prevent getting the expired or incorrect code message:

1. Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. It appears as though if you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close the TurboTax window. To open a new tab you can press Ctrl+T on your keyboard. That way the window with the box to enter the code stays open but you can also access your email inbox in the new one and switch back in forth
  2. Make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. So if you make another attempt to enter the code make sure you use the most recent one sent to you. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
barbaraannboyce
Returning Member

How do I open my email window

barbaraannboyce
Returning Member

No, I've been informed that I can't efile.

barbaraannboyce
Returning Member

I do have a smartphone but it's not part of my computer

Manage cookies