Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm being asked to upgrade to Deluxe or Premium, but already bought Home & Business. I filed an ext. in April and can't seem to be recognized as having what's needed .

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I'm being asked to upgrade to Deluxe or Premium, but already bought Home & Business. I filed an ext. in April and can't seem to be recognized as having what's needed .

H&B is the name of the program as it comes on a CD or download to be installed on your own Mac or PC.  Premium is the name of the program as is delivered in Turbotax Online, the cloud/web based program.  They are different products with different pricing structures and use cases.  If you paid for H&B to install on your own computer, you should prepare your return on your computer using the program, not trying to use turbotax Online.  If you want to use the online experience, you will have to pay separately, unless you can persuade customer support to transfer your purchase. 

If you purchased and downloaded the 2023 TurboTax Home & Business edition, you should have installed the software on your personal computer.  Then start the 2023 return using the desktop edition you purchased.

You do not access the TurboTax online editions if you purchased one of the desktop editions.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for installing the desktop editions with a license code - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/license-information/install-turbotax-cd-...

You are in the Online version.  You need to go to the Home & Business program you installed on your computer.  Did you install it and activate it?  Did you start a return in the Online version?  

You need to install the program on your computer and move your online return to the Desktop program. How to switch…….
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return .tax file is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW).

Thank you so much!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies