Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cmkfrantz

I’m being asked for a verification code. But it’s not giving me an option to locate the code. What do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

22 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

I’m being asked for a verification code. But it’s not giving me an option to locate the code. What do I do?

Two-step verification (a.k.a. two-factor authentication, multi-factor authentication, or MFA) is a financial industry standard in which a user is required to provide additional verification after signing in. Often a verification code is provided to the user via text message or automated phone call.

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below to learn more. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-is-two-step-verification/01/26649#M28

To receive your codes through text please complete the following: Sign in to your account Select My Account Select Account Settings Select the blue Security tab on the left Select Two-Step Verification Select Turn On Enter your Phone Number and Password Sign out of TurboTax, close your browser and sign back in. You should receive a verification code shortly after signing back into your account. If you are still unable to get the code to work through text, choose I forgot my user ID or password and then choose I don't know my email address or user ID. You’ll be asked to provide some information about yourself, and then you’ll be asked a few questions to verify your identity. If that method fails, you’ll get a phone number to contact customer support.

When requesting the code via email, make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. If you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close. Also, make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent. Please wait a few minutes after each code request to receive your email. It is not generated instantly.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rta545

Trying for two days to get my code to finish my taxes, turbo tax not helping anyone know how to delete my tax information from turbo tax?  

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

To get your verification code sent as a text, you have to select that option in your account settings. You will need to sign in to your account and then:

1. Select Intuit Account on the bottom left
  2. On the Account Settings, page select the Security tab 
  3. Select Two-Step Verification and turn it on, if it is turned off
  4. Enter your mobile number or select the pencil to edit your mobile number and choose Text Message under 

How should we contact you?

5. Continue to consent to changes

Scottrhonda66
Returning Member

can I get the verification code sent to my phone

Scottrhonda66
Returning Member

can I get a verification code sent to my phone

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

We're required by the IRS to verify your email before you e-file. Please click here for more information for troubleshooting issues with receiving the verification code.

Every time I get a code and enter it in it tells me that it not the right code or expired.

You sent me an email with a verification code, that bYou say I had asked for.

But I have not asked for a verification code or anything else.

What does this mean?

Thank you

Wolf Schonborn

It means someone entered your email address by mistake and is frustrated that it is not coming thru ... they will probably figure this out eventually ... you can ignore it.

I need my code so I can finish my taxes send by phone like the other was sent [phone number removed]

Ok need to put code to verfication

Need to put code in box when it's texted to me on my phone

KidLead

I have a disc and then downloaded it to my laptop, entered the code and then threw it away. I started doing my taxes but when I came back to it, it required the product code again which I don't have. 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the following link if you are trying to get the licensing code.  The link provides additional information and a link to contact us for assistance.

Licensing code for software

@KidLead

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies