Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed my taxes and claimed my 4 kids. My daughter will be 18 on Tuesday and worked part-time for 9 months. Is she required to file also? She grossed under $5,000.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I filed my taxes and claimed my 4 kids. My daughter will be 18 on Tuesday and worked part-time for 9 months. Is she required to file also? She grossed under $5,000.

No if she got it on a W2 she doesn't have to file except to get back any withholding taken out.  If she got a 1099Misc for it she does have to file it as self employment income.

Do I need to file a return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/filing-and-paying-taxes/help/do-i-need-to-file-a-federal-return-th...

Oh if she files be sure she checks the box that says she can be claimed on someone else's return.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

No if she got it on a W2 she doesn't have to file except to get back any withholding taken out.  If she got a 1099Misc for it she does have to file it as self employment income.

Do I need to file a return?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/filing-and-paying-taxes/help/do-i-need-to-file-a-federal-return-th...

Oh if she files be sure she checks the box that says she can be claimed on someone else's return.

Thank you SO MUCH! You were extremely helpful!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies