turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I didn´t complete my tax

Hello, I haven´t file before and I think I didn´t complete my return successfully, I can´t get any status of my return. What can I do? please help me

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
Carl
Level 15

I didn´t complete my tax

Specifically why do you think you didn't file your tax return? Did you use TurboTax? If so, did you use the online version of the program? Or did you use the CD version of TurboTax that you installed on your computer?

I didn´t complete my tax

It would help if we had more specific information on why you think you did not complete your tax return.  Did you enter all of your personal information, all of your income information, and then did you go through all of the FILE section?  Did you choose a way to receive your refund, and then click a big orange button that said "Transmit my return now?"  If you did not click that button, then you did not e-file.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here? 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds           Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

If your return was accepted, then in order to check on it at the IRS site you have to use the correct information, or nothing will show up there.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 20a of your Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I didn´t complete my tax

I didn’t press that bottom I guess, I’m not sure. I can’t get a status and I didn’t receive that email. When I chose the way I wanted to receive my refund, I print something then I didn’t see anything else, just the total I will get. Can I claim my refund next year?
Bees
Level 7

I didn´t complete my tax

No.  You have to finish the year 2018 now in order to receive your refund. Open up your online account and look over how far you got. 

Go step by step and make sure you complete the file now section. 

Disclaimer: Not a tax professional. Information gathered from internet links. Anything dated in June 2019 was posted in prior years and is before the 2019 limits and changes.

I didn´t complete my tax

My name is Douglas Martin I want to finish my taxes I was waiting on my 1095now I have it I want to finish my taxes I can not get into my account

I didn´t complete my tax

Used turbo tax
dw13

I didn´t complete my tax

I use online of turbo tax but didn't complete 2018 how can I pull this information up.

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

I didn´t complete my tax

If you want to finish a prior year return (2016, 2017, or 2018) you started but didn't finish in TurboTax Online, or just want to access the information, see the following TurboTax Help Article: 1492 helpful votes How do I finish a prior-year return that I started in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I didn´t complete my tax

I didn't complete my taxes  of 2018 and need to do it now , i leaved in NY and Florida , worked in two states ... but was still a resident of Florida ... it was a seasonal job ... 

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

I didn´t complete my tax

You can file 2018 Returns using a Previous Year Version of Turbo Tax Online.  

Here is the link to the Past Years Turbo Tax Returns.  Past Years Turbo Tax Returns

Please note that you will not be able to efile your prior year return.  You will need to print and mail them as the taxing authorities do not accept efiled returns for prior year returns.

I didn´t complete my tax

I was entering the ID information after completing my tax return. I had to stop before I completed with my husbands ID information. Now I have his drivers licenses to complete the form. I can't get to it. What should I do.

Thanks,

Sandra Kornegay

I didn´t complete my tax

Can you log into your account?  Click on Add a State to let you back into your retun.   Then go through the File tab again.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

I didn´t complete my tax

Sign back in (if using Online version) or open up your tax return (if using the desktop version) and go to the FILE section and complete your tax return.   The FILE menu can be found on the left side menu if using Online and up top if using desktop software.   You are asked for license information just before you submit your returns.   

How do I e-file my personal (individual) tax return?

@ds-kornegay

jefferson3
Returning Member

I didn´t complete my tax

I didn't get my 2019 refund and my $600 stimulus. Will I get it if we redo it agian.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies