Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I can't open my 2022 turbotax

my last turbotax won't open
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies

Windows or Mac?  CD or Download?

Does your personal computer OS meet the minimum system requirements?

TurboTax minimum system requirements for Windows - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...
TurboTax minimum system requirements for Mac - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

Have you restarted your computer after installing the software?

What happens when you click on the TurboTax icon?

Troubleshoot install for Windows - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/troubleshoot-installing-and-running-turbotax-...

Troubleshoot install for Mac - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/turbotax-for-the-mac-installation-troubleshooter/0...

"Last" ???

2021? or 2022?

2021 is what you filed in 2022.

2022 is just starting up now to be filed in 2023.

ANNND  are you talking about

a).........the "Online" browser-based software?

or

b)...................the "desktop/download" software that is installed on a full MAC or Windows computer

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

WIN OS  just had an update this week ... make sure it is installed and updated  and  restart your computer at least once to check and install any others that may need to be done. 

JackCoate

TurboTax desktop PC was working last week, now it won't open.  Why?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please provide specific information about the issue you are experiencing?

Are you receiving an error message when attempting to open the software? If so, please provide the error message. 

@JackCoate

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When I click on the desktop icon for TurboTax 2021 or 2022 it starts to open, then says: "Ok, we know it's taking a little bit more than a moment."  Then it closes.

@jackcoat3 

Try a full computer OS reboot first.

A partially-installed computer OS update has been known to cause such behavior

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Hmmm?  I've restarted as well as shut down and restarted the PC still getting the same results.  The program starts, sorta then says "oh, taking more than a moment." then stops

Do an uninstall then make sure all OS updates have been installed.  Then reboot the computer at least twice then try installing the program again.   You may want to also download the installation file again as it may have been corrupted.  You may also need to shut down your firewall while installing the program. 

After my update today (2/4/2022) my turbo tax program for mac can not open my 2022 tax file for my taxes that I was working on?  Is there a problem with the current updates?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Bob C-532 

Please see the FAQ link provided below for assistance. If this still does not assist you, please return to this forum and let us know:

Troubleshoot TurboTax for Mac CD/Download updating issues

I had this same issue this morning.  Was opening fine last week but for some reason not opening up this week.  Tried various things (rebooting, turning off the firewall, etc.) but nothing seem to work.

I ended up uninstalling TurboTax Business 2022 and reinstalling it.  It's able to open up like normal now.

I am having the same issue. My system far exceeds the minimum requirements and the software will no longer run and after uninstalling and trying to reinstall I now get a new error stating that my system does not meet the minimum requirements. I have an AMD 5950X 16 Core 4 Ghz processor, 32 RB RAM, 2 TB of NVME storage and a GTX 4070 Ti video card. So now I can't even reinstall the software.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Have you checked to make sure you do not have a Windows update pending? @Gorby 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies