turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Not receiving verification code

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

If after a reasonable amount of time, you still have not received your 6 digit verification code by email and you have checked your spam folder, please see below alternate methods:

1. To get your verification code sent as a text, you have to select that option in your account settings. You will need to gain access to the account and then:
    1.) Click My Account
    2.) Account Settings
    3.) Under the Security tab, select Two Step Verification and enter your mobile information and password. 
    To get access to make your changes, you can have the code sent to your email address or select the Confirm your account in another way option.
  2. If none of the above works, then please select "I forgot my password" and then select "I don't know my username." The system will then ask for your name, address and SSN, and it will attempt to verify your identity by asking questions from your credit report that only you are likely to know.

Additional information regarding entering the 6 digit verification code to prevent getting the expired or incorrect code message:

1. Make sure to leave the window open that asks you for the code. It appears as though if you close this window and go back after you receive the code, the code will no longer be valid. If you need your browser to get your e-mail, open a new separate window, don't close the TurboTax window. To open a new tab you can press Ctrl+T on your keyboard. That way the window with the box to enter the code stays open but you can also access your email inbox in the new one and switch back in forth
  2. Make sure you are using the most recent code and not using a prior one. So if you make another attempt to enter the code make sure you use the most recent one sent to you. Every time that you ask for a code it cancels out all the previous ones that were sent and only takes the most recent. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
suedar

My verification code can be emailed at [email address removed] which I have not received or you can call at [phone number removed] , but NO TEXT, I have no cell phone.

suedar

What if I have NO mobile phone only landline?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

@suedar Did you check your spam and junk folders for the email? Email will send a code. I use that often.

As Regina said: If none of the above works, then please select "I forgot my password" and then select "I don't know my username." The system will then ask for your name, address and SSN, and it will attempt to verify your identity by asking questions from your credit report that only you are likely to know.

If that also fails, you can do an account recovery but it will take a day. Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account You will need to include a picture of your license. Good luck!

did not receive verificatio

n code

could you text it to me

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

We cannot see your return or personal information in this forum to send you verification codes. Try searching in your spam or junk mail to see if the TurboTax email was pushed there. 

If you continue to need assistance, contact TurboTax Support.

What is the TurboTax phone number

Ruby_b123

trying to get verification code thru e mail

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Ruby_b123  Can you please provide additional details, did you request the email verification and did not receive it? If so, please see the TurboTax FAQ What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code? for assistance. 

Fxckthisbusiness
Returning Member

This company is a$$, going to H&R Block Today! 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Fxckthisbusiness Can you provide more detail about the exact issue you are experiencing?

Why won't you send me a email conformation code to finish my taxes? I have been trying to get you to send me a code for three days

@cosmicmoss57 wrote:

Why won't you send me a email conformation code to finish my taxes? I have been trying to get you to send me a code for three days

Sorry you're having that much trouble.  Are you referring to the 6-digit email verification code during efiling?    The code should normally come within a few minutes.     Do you have another email address you can use?

Be sure the code is not ending up in your email's spam/junk folder or another email address you have.   See this FAQ on some tips, which also includes info on how you can change the email address in Account Settings, if you wish to use another email address.

FAQ: What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verificati...

If that's not helpful, please phone Customer Support.

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

NOTE:  If you are using Free Edition, phone support is not included unless you upgrade to PLUS for a 29.99 fee.  But you can contact a TurboTax Support agent for free directly via messaging at Twitter or Facebook.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

@cosmicmoss57 wrote:

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verificati...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies