Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do you add the license code to a Turbotax account when purchased from Costco, Amazon, Target, etc?

@dave168168 

" from reading fourm tech support can add a dl on my account"

Add a "dl?"   Driver's license?   Why?   You are too late to e-file a 2022 return; it has to be filed by mail, so you do not need to add a drivers' license.  E-filing closed for desktop software after the October 16 deadline.  Your 2022 return has to be printed, signed and dated in ink, and sent in  by mail.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS/state received the return.

Federal and state returns must be in separate envelopes and they are mailed to different addresses.  Read the mailing instructions that print with your tax return carefully so you mail them to the right addresses.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

How do you add the license code to a Turbotax account when purchased from Costco, Amazon, Target, etc?

dl usually means download.  They want to download the program.

@dave168168 Trying again---did you mean you need your download?  

Access your downloads here

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/activating-turbotax-cd-download-software/00/852971

To find your license code:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

Make sure you download, update and then USE the download instead of trying to use online TurboTax.

We see people get confused and they keep logging in to online software which will require them to pay at the end.   You need to use the desktop software.   One way to tell if you are using the right software---your tool bar.   Online software has the toolbar in a black vertical column on the left side of the screen.   Desktop software has the tools up on the top of your TT screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
dave168168
Returning Member

So i buy a cd with  new key code and try to add to my account the stupied system say this is with another account!

dave168168
Returning Member

I need support to push my key code!

dave168168
Returning Member

I have the cd now my problem is adding 2021 tax to 2020 2022 but get error. 

Not sure what you mean by "adding 2021 tax to 2020 2022"   or why you are mentioning 2020.   If you are trying to start your 2022 return, and you want to transfer the 2021 tax file in, you must do that at the very beginning, before you enter any 2022 information.   The desktop software will prompt you on the first screen -- after you launch 2022 software -- and ask if you want to transfer in the past year.  You can transfer 2021 in.   You cannot transfer 2020 into 2022 software.

How to transfer last year’s return? https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900883

@dave168168 

If you need further help:

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Mon - Fri

I am the original poster and this question has not been answered yet.  The problem is that when you purchase the product for download from a licensed vendor such as Costco, Amazon or Target, the Intuit system will not accept the license code as valid to be registered on the account.  I can download the product using the instruction process thru Costco, and use the product, but I can't reference that I bought the product with Intuit's system.  I've tried the support number and they have been unhelpful.  I think this is a system coding issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have the same issue of getting my 2022 Turbo Tax license to show up in my Intuit account.  I also have tried all the methods described in this thread and I have been trying since early 2023 to accomplish this with no success.  I would like to continue to purchase Turbo Tax Deluxe or Premier from Sam's Club, download the activation code, install the desktop version on my computer and have that license show up in my Intuit account so I can access the software in the future in case of an audit.  Previous CD versions of the software prior to 2022 show up in my Intuit account, why not the 2022 downloaded (non CD) version.  I have been using Turbo Tax  since 2001.  That's over 20 years.  I would like to continue, but if I cannot get my 2022 Turbo Tax software download license to show up in my Intuit account, I will shop for a different provider.  Please help the numerous people requesting this access with a real solution as opposed to a standard FAQ response that does not help.   Thank you.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies