Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get a receipt for my taxes I paid via Turbo Tax? IRS is saying I didn’t pay but I did!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I get a receipt for my taxes I paid via Turbo Tax? IRS is saying I didn’t pay but I did!

Your proof of payment is the canceled check, bank or credit card statement with amount paid and the Payee as either the IRS or the US Treasury.

Contact the IRS using the phone number on the notice and speak with an agent.  You will need provide a copy of your proof of payment to the IRS.

Your only proof that you paid your tax due will be your own bank/credit card records.  You did not pay "via TurboTax"--  you can indicate in the software that you want the tax due to be debited from your account by the IRS, but the IRS handles that--not TurboTax.  If you entered a wrong account number etc. the IRS could not debit the account.

If your account shows that the payment was made then call the number on the IRS notice and sort it out with the IRS.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

You cannot pay via TurboTax.  You can provide your direct debt information on your tax return that goes to the IRS or by Credit Card that is depleted by a CC company that the IRS uses.   Either way your proof of payment is your bank statement or Credit card statement.

How did you pay?

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies