turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter SSA1099 info? There is no box to check or enter info into.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Do not try to enter your SSA1099  or RR1099RB as a W-2.  Go to Federal> Wages & Income>>Retirement Plans and Social Security  (SSA1099 and 1099RRB) to enter your SSA1099.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

when I went to the correct place to enter my social security SSA1099, the screen is completely blank. down in the lower left hand corner is a small block that says "no form". 

how do I enter my information?

what does Thumbs up 0 mean as a reply?

@jacquiegdma 

Thumbs up is for someone to click on indicate the post helped.

Desktop software...correct? 

As long as you went into the SS area clicking on the Start...or Update on the main Wages&Incoem menu page...you re in the correct spot.

On one of my desktop files, I noticed it took an unusually long time for the proper page to display...and it was blank until it did.   I'm guessing it could be a memory full issue, or something like that. So you could try closing down any other open programs, then trying again.   or..Saving your file and shutting down the software entirely...If on Windows computer.....check for any OS updates waiting for installation since those are known to cause TTX conflicts, and restarting.

.....and maybe wait longer too for the blank page to populate.

The "No Form" shows down there even when the proper page does appear.  In 20+ years using desktop software, I really had never noticed that before......Ahhh, when you are in an actual form like a 1099-INT form in the interview...the text there changes to "Show Relevant Form" and when you click on the up-arrow, it shows the worksheet you are working on in a lower window.   Apparently the software does not have an exact mimic to the SSA-1099, and uses it's own worksheet for those entries

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies