`

How do I downgrade from Deluxe to the free version?

To downgrade, you'll need to clear and start over. Keep in mind that you won't be able to do this if you've already submitted payment or deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund.

Know that each version of TurboTax is designed to handle different tax situations and their associated forms. While you’re welcome to downgrade, you may miss some features — and you’ll be prompted to upgrade when those features are needed.

You can also reduce your TurboTax fees by removing add-ons:

If you have already purchased the Disk or downloaded the Deluxe Program.  You can not return it for a refund.  Might as well use it or try the free version.  Its free.. 

Kevin P.

@kparrott1  The poster is asking from the Online version.  The CD/Download is different than Online.

I don’t have a credit card to pay for that so I need to downgrade to the free version but I don’t know how to do that