turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can l get my other w-2 from mcdonald’s?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

74 Replies
LisaBr

All companies, including McDonald's, are required to mail out W-2 forms by January 31st. If you've waited two weeks beyond that date, and the form still hasn't arrived, it's time to talk to the manager of your store. Each McDonald's works a little differently; some locations have an online portal you can access after registering. To register, you'll need to provide your name, address, phone number and Social Security number. From the portal, request a duplicate copy of the Form W-2. Be aware that some locations charge a fee for providing duplicate W-2s.

If your store doesn't offer the online option, your manager will let the accounting team know you need a new W-2, or you can contact corporate headquarters by calling 800-244-6227 or writing 2111 McDonalds Dr. Fl. 5, Oak Brook, Illinois, 60523-5500.

However, you can get that information for free from the IRS and it's easy.  It won't look like the original information, however all the wage and income will be listed. 

Follow the link below and you can either get the information immediately online or have it mailed to you and receive within 1-2 weeks.  Be sure to request Wage and Income Transcripts.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

They have until January 31 to mail them to you.  You will need to wait until they send them to you unless they offer them online as many companies do now. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
RachelW33
Employee Tax Expert

@Selfmademyy  As Vanessa3 mentioned above, companies have until January 31 to issue W2s.  Your best bet is to talk to the manager at McDonalds regarding when W2s are expected to be issued and if it is possible for you to access them online.  

So I have very big question what if you quit and your w-2 was through an online portal what do I do to get my w2 since I am no longer working there? 

You contact the employer by email, phone or snail mail -- or all three -- and make sure they have your current address so they can send your W-2 to you.  They have until January 31 to issue your W-2.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This link is to the reply by  unique04302000  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/how-can-l-get-my-other-w-2-from-mcdonald-s/01/487... has detailed information on how to get your W-2 from McDonald's.

Needing my w-2

AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

@LisaBr gave an excellent answer to the McDonald's issue. She said:

All companies, including McDonald's, are required to mail out W-2 forms by January 31st. If you've waited two weeks beyond that date, and the form still hasn't arrived, it's time to talk to the manager of your store. Each McDonald's works a little differently; some locations have an online portal you can access after registering. To register, you'll need to provide your name, address, phone number and Social Security number. From the portal, request a duplicate copy of the Form W-2. Be aware that some locations charge a fee for providing duplicate W-2s.

If your store doesn't offer the online option, your manager will let the accounting team know you need a new W-2, or you can contact corporate headquarters by calling 800-244-6227 or writing 2111 McDonalds Dr. Fl. 5, Oak Brook, Illinois, 60523-5500.

However, you can get that information for free from the IRS and it's easy.  It won't look like the original information, however all the wage and income will be listed. 

Follow the link below and you can either get the information immediately online or have it mailed to you and receive within 1-2 weeks.  Be sure to request Wage and Income Transcripts.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/tax-return-transcript-types-and-ways-to-order-them

@Tracy39-59 if your issue is not with McDonald's but just needing your w2, then @xmasbaby0 has the right answer.

You contact the employer by email, phone or snail mail -- or all three -- and make sure they have your current address so they can send your W-2 to you.  They have until January 31 to issue your W-2.

I want to remind you that the IRS allows the post office  2 weeks to deliver your w2. If absolutely everything above fails and you still don't have your w2 on February 15, you can create a substitute W2 in our program. You are not allowed to before then and you must state the steps you took to get the actual W2. Here is a link for how to create a substitute W2.

I am ready to file my taxes but I haven't gotten my W 2 from McDonalds yet how I go about getting if my address has change . From my starting date to my ending date.

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

You may want to contact their main office. Here's the number: 1-800-244-6227.

@MyfamliyLove

I don’t work there anymore still havnt got it

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Refer to the article below for help with retrieving your W-2.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/w-2/00/1023716

Crystol75

How can i get my w2 online from McDonald's 

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

This link to an answer provided by community member LisaBr has information on how to get a copy of your W-2 from McDonald's.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies