turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

five5binzs
Returning Member

How can I access a 2015 IL state download that I purchased (I have order number) but the download is listed as prior purchase on my turbotax account?

I have new computer and can reload software and first state, but I cannot download second state and therefore cannot open my 2015 return that required amending.  Customer service recommended purchasing software from Amazon--Really?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

How can I access a 2015 IL state download that I purchased (I have order number) but the download is listed as prior purchase on my turbotax account?

Sorry but the 2015 tax year is no longer supported so you cannot download any state programs or get any upgrades for it either.   Hopefully you saved a PDF of the return so you can view the return.  If not you can get a copy or transcript from the IRS.

five5binzs
Returning Member

I need to prepare an amended return and the 2020 CARES Act REQUIRES that I start back to 2015.   I have a PDF copy (complete-all worksheets) of the return, but this does not enable my preparation of the required amended state return or access to forms that were not generated with the initial return prep.  I have the software (I purchased the CD), however, I have a new computer and I do not have the downloaded second state.  As a result, I cannot even open the file to look at the input data.  I cannot believe that Turbo Tax cannot provide the 2015 state download necessary for me to even open my Turbo Tax file.  That is terrible customer service given (1) the only way to get a second state is by download and (2) the tax year amendment back to 2015 is required by law and (3) where did they ever tell you that your downloads would cease to be available at a future date and that I should have backed up my software and not relied on their support.

You can ask but don't expect it ...    

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this; contact details can be found here

I don't know how long they let you download it but have you checked your purchases?  It should be listed in your online account.

How to download your purchase

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/how-do-i-download-the-software-i-purchased-at-turb...

Access your downloads here

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

Can't find your purchase?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565823-why-can-t-i-find-my-purchase-after-signing-in-to-my-downlo...

I looked up my account.  I still show a 2015 CA state download.  So you prior purchases should be in your account.   Don't know if it will still load.

My Account state.jpg

five5binzs
Returning Member

Thanks, but I've been through the entire process you listed more than once--including doing a screen share with their general customer support contact rep.  I've given them my original order info.  I've checked for other Intuit/TurboTax accounts.  Not there.  This is not the only download not shown on my account.    

Then you probably haven't found the right account if others are missing.  

five5binzs
Returning Member

Thanks again, but I've been through the account recovery process and I only had one email account.  Also, I can find the order for the download on the orders tab of my account, but the download itself is not there.  The biggest frustration, is that I don't need the missing state data, but I cannot even open the file without that state's forms.  

JimboM7

Has there been any resolution to this? I have a very similar issue but where I just need to look at my 2015 returns. For whatever reason, that is the only year where I can't find the PDF copy of them. I bought the CD from Amazon (as suggested by TurboTax support) and it allowed me to install 1 state for free, but I have 2 states on those taxes and when it suggest I buy the other one (Minnesota), it takes me to a broken link. If I was able to download Illinois without issue, I should be able to download Minnesota and I'd be glad to pay $300 to access the state software, but it just isn't possible

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies