turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

madi1721

Hmmm, looks like we've hit a snag We're working on getting it fixed so this doesn't happen again. Is anyone getting this error????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Hmmm, looks like we've hit a snag We're working on getting it fixed so this doesn't happen again. Is anyone getting this error????

Sometimes a full or corrupted cache can cause TurboTax to not function properly. Please log completely out of TurboTax and then try clearing out your browser's cache and delete the cookies stored on your computer. 

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ's to assist with this:

Clear cache: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135 

Delete cookies: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have this "Hmm... it looks like we’ve hit a slight snag" error when I am trying to install TurboTax 2019 Deluxe on my Windows 10 PC.  Bought my CD version of TurboTax Deluxe 2019 at Best Buy on the way home the first full week of January.  It is now into February and have yet to even get it installed on my PC.

Since the first time I got the error and started reading the post on the community forums, have made Chrome my default browser, cleared all cookies and cashed.  Manually updated all Windows updates.

Have called for technical support twice now, spending over 2 hours on the phone with level 1 support people.  Both had managed to get me a download of the application to use for installation and still I get this error.

When the second tech tried to get me to level two support using a Glance VPN connection.  The Level 2 person allowed the session to time out for not connecting.

I have been using TurboTax for over 10 years now and this if the first issue I have had but it seem that this error is poping up quite frequently from the posts I have been reading.

At this point I am really frustrated with just trying to get this software installed, let alone all of the errors people are having while they  are using it.   Maybe it is time to cut my losses and go by TaxAct to get my income taxes filed this year.  Maybe this years TurboTax 2019 was just not ready for release?   

I'm having the same issue trying to install TT2019 Deluxe.  Install status bar reaches 47% then causes a reboot.  The "partially installed" program eventually returns the "we've hit a snag".  I agree it is time to consider a different service.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact customer support through the article below. for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It is so frustrating that I have run into this 2 times in a row despite completely cleaning the system and starting from scratch. 

Calling tech support is fruitless - they have no idea how to resolve and either waste time "Glancing" or telling you their server is down and wait for it to be repaired.

This may be the year to get a refund and vote with my wallet.

Unreal that Intuit Staff have no idea the frustration they are causing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies