turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Fidelity username not working

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
RCK
Level 3

Fidelity import is not working for me too. This is not a user specific issue. My Username and Password is correct and is as per standards  (more than 9 characters etc.). Still the import is not working.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

I have tried multiple times to get my info from Fidelity directly to TT.  My Fidelity username is 10 symbols & so is my password.  What am I doing wrong?

teckel1212
Returning Member

In Fidelity's website do one of your tax forms say its provisional? That's what mine shows and probably why you can't import yet. Mine also shows a date where it's expected to be ready. 

jean100

I'm having a similar problem. I enter my username and password, and TurboTax highlights the password field and says, "This field is required." Well, yes, and I just completed that field. I will contact support, but this is really annoying.

jean100

TurboTax support says it's a problem on Fidelity's end, that they are not accepting my password. But it's the password I always use, so I don't buy that explanation. Support says I can upload Fidelity's pdf from my computer, so I will try that rather than entering the figures manually.

It concerns me that I've just entered my username and password for a financial institution, and that data has gone who knows where. I will change it. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@jean100 Do you have 3rd party authorizations with Fidelity? If you do not, this could be the reason Fidelity is rejecting TurboTax from trying to access your account.

jean100

Thanks, that sounds like it might be the issue. It would have been helpful if Support had known that.

reallly, cause I'm a week away from tax dues and it still doesnt work for me.  WTH

did you find a fix cause I'm months later and it still isn't working.

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Per @TerukoL

do you have 3rd party authorizations with Fidelity? If you do not, this could be the reason Fidelity is rejecting TurboTax from trying to access your account.

JFerry1073
Returning Member

I have a customer who is having this issue still today 2/1/22. He isn't being allowed to import. He can access Fidelity from another tab, same credentials. Can't access from TT.

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

@JFerry1073 What error message is he receiving?

Here are some steps he can try, to fix this issue:

• Make sure the username is at least 9 digits
  • Try using the SSN instead of username
  • Change the Password

If none if these steps work, Please contact TurboTax Customer Support, What is the TurboTax phone number?

It is not fixed for me as of February 3 2022. The person on telephone support is totally clueless about this issue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies