turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Fidelity username not working

It seems turbotax has added a check that fidelity username needs to be 9 characters or longer. Mine is of 8 characters and worked fine while importing till last year.

Has anyone else run into this or have a workaround for it?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

37 Replies

What are you doing and how??    What form are you wishing to import?   You appear to be using Online Deluxe.

When I go through the motions of trying to import from Fidelity, my screen says importing is not available from Fidelity until January 31 for 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-R, 1099-B, etc.   (For some companies, a 1099-B is even later than that, but Online Deluxe does not handle 1099-B anyway).   I  can't even get any importing interface to appear for Fidelity yet, much less any instructions for the Fidelity log-in.

Or are you a Fidelity employee and trying to import a W-2?

I am having the same issue and have not found a fix.  Were you able to find a fix for this username issue?

Several users are reporting this issue. I've asked a Moderator to look at it later this morning.

This is 100% a bug they need to fix

Per fidelity a user name must be 6-15 letters, but it's requiring at least 9

I tested it some more and the input validation on this field is completely detached from reality. 

It allows you to pass in too long of a user name, as long as it's at least nine characters.

It also allows you to pass in a special character (e.g. ".", "@") as long as nine legal characters follow the special character. Fidelity user names should contain only letters and numbers. 

Definitely bugged. 

Try entering the account holders 9 digit SSN. That seems to work!

Hit 👍  if this workaround works for you.

lramkumar
Employee Tax Expert

SSN actually worked.  Thank you so much for this solution!

Oh.. I didn't know about the SSN workaround and ended up changing my username in Fidality so it's 9+ characters long now 🙂

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Hi all,

I've just received notification from a TurboTax Moderator that this issue has now been resolved.  Thank you for your patience!

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to go to 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@Anonymous

We're sorry, but your question is not clear. How can we help?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I’ve just tried logging in several times and my credentials didn’t work, neither did my SSN. My username is 14 characters long with letters and numbers. I was able to log into my account on fidelity, but through turbo tax it didn’t work. Is there a way to manually input my information? Thanks!

@Lanaiboy1982 wrote:

I’ve just tried logging in several times and my credentials didn’t work, neither did my SSN. My username is 14 characters long with letters and numbers. I was able to log into my account on fidelity, but through turbo tax it didn’t work. Is there a way to manually input my information? Thanks!

We don't know what your information is that you want to enter (1099-B, 1099-Div, etc.).  But in general, the answer is "yes" there is a way to manually input.  Importing is not required.   On the screen that asks you for the company name (the screen with the logos) and also on the import screen you saw with the username/password log-in fields, there is a button in the bottom right that says "I'll type it in myself."  That continues the interview for manual entry and skips importing.

Here's how to talk to TurboTax Support for help with your importing issue, if you want to talk to them.

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

teckel1212
Returning Member

Not working for me at all right now.  Tried my SSN, didn't work, changed my username, still didn't work, changed my password, still nada.  Not working at all for me.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies