Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Email says Forms are available but Turbo Tax will not update

ZZjohn,  Yes, file through Credit Karma... not only is it free but it actually works.  I had TT home and business for years... I will never go back after this past debacle.

CMcQueen86
Returning Member

Turbo Tax 2020 is not compatible with windows 7. 

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Yes. The latest version of TurboTax will not work with Windows 7 because as of January 2020, Microsoft is no longer providing security updates or support for PCs running Windows 7.

For tax year 2020, all TurboTax desktop products require Windows 8 or higher to install. We strongly recommend that desktop customers using Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 before installing a new product.

While you can still use TurboTax 2019 on Windows 7, there are a couple risks in doing so:

• Your computer will be more vulnerable to security risks and viruses, because Microsoft will no longer provide security updates and support for your PC.
  • You won’t be able to install future versions of TurboTax on your PC. You’ll need to upgrade to a newer version of Windows to run TurboTax 2020.

If you’re still using TurboTax 2019 and don’t want to upgrade your operating system just yet, you can transfer your 2019 info from TurboTax CD/Download to TurboTax Online by following these instructions.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I, too, tried everything including uninstalling turbotax business 2020 and re installing it.   SAME ISSUE.   Says I need updated forms and when I go to update says everything is UP TO DATE!   This is annoying.   INTUIT should be sending out an explanation as to what is going on and what is being done to fix it!

MGJB

I have the same issue, with these forms.

• Form 8960, Net Investment Income Tax - Individual, Estates, and Trusts
  • Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

To view when the forms will be available, please click here to view for your state. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

M60
Level 2

I downloaded Turbotax's "manual update" file, double-clicked on it as instructed and -- nothing happened.  No updating occurred.  I have just about had it with this buggy software.  I shall try their help desk in the morning.  If no joy, I shall be asking for a refund and migrating to H& R Block.

M60
Level 2

Success!  I finally got the update to work.  Here is the key:  You MUST disable your FIREWALL and ANTI-VIRUS software before downloading Intuit's Turbotax update.  If you fail to do this, as I did, the update will not work.  You would think that Intuit would advise its customers of this.

marthakizer2
Returning Member

I am not going to be able to transfer my data next year, my cd is bad and need fixing. I cannot get a live person to help.

@marthakizer2 Please explain.   Did you use the CD/download to prepare your 2020 tax return? 

"......my CD is bad..."

The tax file is not stored on the CD---it is stored on your own hard drive.   Do you mean that something has happened to your computer?  Did it crash?   

We need more information.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
kanecasa

My 1040 tax form for 2021 was destroyed. I need a new one sent.

Thad Kane

[email address removed]

License: [removed]

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@kanecasa

How do you mean destroyed?  Did you print it to be mailed and then it became destroyed somehow?  We are not able to sent anything here on this public forum.  Please reprint your completed filing by following the Help Article here.  

If this does not resolve your issue, please provide more details in the thread and someone will follow up with the next steps.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies