Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Charles Schwab tax forms not importing in TurboTax

@gv3021 No, I was only required to enter total values from page 3 of my 1099.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention about this ordeal. For a minute or two out of the dozens of minutes of login attempts, the error message changed to "No eligible accounts available to link" (instead of the "Login is temporarily ..." one). Everything else was the same (error message formatting, returned to login screen, etc). Then it went back to the original message.

@hawke , in my case it asked me enter totals in each category (there are multiple categories).  It also told me that I need to mail in form 7453.   It did not ask you to do that?  Puzzled.

@gv3021 Nope. 🤔

@hawke ,  Lucky you.  What can I say?

waltwnielsen
Returning Member

I tried every day for a week to import my Schwab data, but I never got past the Intuit Login. It never connected me to Schwab, so I never had an opportunity to log into my Schwab accounts.  I finally entered the 1099 information in "summary" format manually.  Goodbye Turbo Tax next year!  This is inexcusable!

I could not import Charles Schwab (CS) Tax Year numbers into Turbo Tax (TT).  I followed advice to change CS password online and confirm I could download and see direct from CS.  I then restarted TT.  Got to the page to link to CS and a window popped up [Bank Login] that was blank/white.   When I moved that window to a second monitor I could see content.  However, when inputting user name and pass on second monitor no characters showed up.  So I dragged the window back to main monitor and there it was with the typed data.  I continued to type (blind) and drag across screens until all was entered.  Then had similar struggle with the consent form.  After about 15 minutes it finally worked.  What a pain!

Tried again.  no luck.  However, now the TurboTax app sends to me a link to manually enter the information manually.  It didn't do this before so clearly, TT is now asking customers to manually enter information since they can't seem to correct the problem.  oh well.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Schwab import issue is a lesser evil for some. I found out I just overpaid the federal amount owed by hundreds of dollars because TurboTax prefilled incorrect values on form 1116. Filed an amended return just now. Doubt I'll use TurboTax next year. Here's more about the issue:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/warning-turbotax-pref[product key removed]rs/00/2...
To Intuit: for something as important as taxes, please don't skimp on the quality of your software developers/development.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

In order for us to better assist you with this, please follow the instructions here to contact us by phone. @hawke

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I gave up and entered manually. I could not be more disappointed in TT. Anybody have experience with any of the competing products for next year?

It is now April 5.  Returns must be sent to the IRS in less than two weeks.  I think the overwhelming majority of us have already filed, albeit without be able to download directly from Schwab.  Instead, we entered our dividends and sales manually.  If you have an answer to the problem it should have been given to us in February.  

Now it is up to TT to decide if it wants to lose us as customers for good or else commit to providing next year's download for free.

After days and days and dozens and dozens of attempts to get this to work (import Schwab info), I discovered that I was not alone.  I contacted Schwab's tech desk.  They are familiar with the problem and said that TT was supposed to have fixed the problem early in March.  Since then some of the TT users who had contacted them about the issue were able to connect and import, while others were not.

Schwab's tech desk checked all my settings and said that nothing at the Schwab end would interfere with my being able to import their data to TT.  His suggestion was to call TT. 

I am outside the US, so the "800" number is a toll call for me.  Having paid for the software, I don't want to spend more money on customer support call.  How I can I place a toll-free call to TT?  Does TT accept collect calls?

I spent 1.5 hours with TT tech support. Their only recommendation that would actually get my taxes completed was to enter Schwab manually. If you do enter manually and still use TT to submit, you will not receive even a partial refund. I will remember this next year in the hope of finding software that will import TT data and work as advertised

I find that quality control is very poor with both TurboTax and Quicken (which used to be owned by the same company).

Last year I had an issue with Turbotax and finally had to write to the CEO - who forwarded it to the President's office. Finally a CPA person from the President's office worked with me on getting the problem fixed - but it took about 4 weeks.

My recommendation to everyone is to contact the President's office.    Not sure who is the president now.  Perhaps one can write to the CEO Sasan Goodarzi.  https://www.intuit.com/company/executives/

____
(My problems with Quicken are still unresolved even after working with the  President's office for many months.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies