Re: Can not install turbotax 2020 on windows 10 la... - Page 2

Can not install turbotax 2020 on windows 10 laptop. I need update.

@NCperson wrote:

....I called TT 800 tech support and they have an AUTHORIZED workaround to temporarily modify resolution as the workaround when someone has Microsoft Version 20H2 loaded. 

@NCperson, I am surprised the rep did not also read from the TurboTax Help article (link below).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/turbotax-2019-requests-license-activation-at-every...

Clearly, the activation schema in the 2019 and 2020 versions is problematic.

that link does not describe the problem I had.... on INITIAL activation, I could not get to the activation screen... I either got a blank screen as the activation screen was trying to launch or I got a blue dot.  Changing the resolution permitted me to activate and I have not been asked to activate since then.....

@NCperson wrote:

.....I either got a blank screen as the activation screen was trying to launch or I got a blue dot...

I understand, but is it possible that changing the resolution allowed you to see the whole screen? 

When activation works properly, you see a screen with a number of spinning dots so perhaps the resolution was only allowing you to see one dot. Those of us (mostly Champs at this point) who are experiencing activation issues (on installs) on some of our machines are not seeing any dots ----- ever ------ just blank screens which indicates we are not being connected to the activation server (or something similar).

sometimes I saw no dots - just the blank activation screen and sometimes the blue dot appeared and stopped.  In some tries I left the laptop sit for over 10 minutes and the activation screen never appeared.

Once I changed the resolution as instructed by TT 800 support, voila! the activation screen appeared, I could paste in the license number and get the green check indicated I was activated.  

it's the strangest thing I ever seen on a laptop.

The users I know who are experiencing activation issues can see the screen but, after a period of time, the screen indicates they are not connected to the internet; obviously, your issue differed.

No Laptop or PC. Will not load auto from disc. Trioed InstallTurbotax.com. message that did not reconize

So I have been reading through the treads and have talked to tech support endless hours. With the basic response "its not our problem". This activation process has even affected last years product that worked fine until this 2020 install. Now i can not get the old version to work.

So what is the work around for Windows 10 enterprise with Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 of windows? I looked over the solutions. They don't work. My issue is the program states that it has no internet connection but it clearly updates itself. I can not activate the product because of this. I can briefly see the screen to enter the key  code before it switches screen to say you re not connected to the internet. Does any one know a manual work around. Maybe edit a *.ini file or the registry.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

The link provided below offers a couple of different solutions that may resolve this issue. If none of these solutions work, I would suggest reaching back out to TurboTax Customer Service for support.

Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images

The suggestions provided do not resolve the issue. The main issue is TT will not acknowledge there is an internet connection available. Tech support does not seem to know how to resolve the issue. I have already registered the program when I down loaded it. (After getting the same result from the install CD.

As previously stated the program will update itself even after the successful install. But it will not allow the activation code to be entered because the activation screen times out too quickly before the program returns with the statement that it in not connected to the internet. "try again" button is displayed. No matter now many times you "push" the button so it tries to go out to check to establish communication it returns the same value. " You are not connected to the Internet". The opening screen shows that it is checking for updates while loading. It even installs them and shows what is new. But entering the program after that point shows that it requires activation and again no internet connection.

My Suggestion is there should be a written script that TT could provide to bypass this activation screen process if you prove to them that you purchased it. I know that this is an issue and it seem to affect this window 10 build. I have been reading about them in other forums looking for a solution.

I am willing to try them. I just want a resolve so i can do my taxes since I can not always connect to the internet to use and update the program.

Thanks. Looking forward to someone's fix to the issue at hand.

Resolution to the problem of no internet connection for validation even though you have a valid connection.

The Lord provided a solution to the issue after literally weeks of research and program testing of every solution presented. Someone wrote an internet connection program in 2009. It is free, virus free and it works to resolve my issues and hopefully others issues as well. The program does not require installation. The link is attached below

[removed]