Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can anyone tell me whythe IRS is holding my return saying I need to file out a Form 8962? I filled married and the form says u can't file married and use form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Can anyone tell me whythe IRS is holding my return saying I need to file out a Form 8962? I filled married and the form says u can't file married and use form.

If any of you on the return had health insurance thru the ACA then you must enter the 1095-A info into the program and populate the form 8962 ... 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for tax year 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

Did you have health care coverage provided to you from one of the State Marketplace Exchanges or through healthcare.gov?  If so, you would have received a Form 1095-A for that coverage.  You were supposed to enter the 1095-A on your federal tax return.  The Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit, would have been created after you completed the entry of the 1095-A.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the Form 8962 and Form 1095-A as requested by the IRS for 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/health-care/help/the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962/01/27409

........and it is MFS individuals who cannot use it unless they have a special exception, not MFJ folks:

"You cannot take the PTC if your filing status is married filing separately unless you qualify for an exception (see instructions)"

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies