Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jdhenrichs
Returning Member

Account Support

This may not be the right place for this question, but I couldn't find a section just for "account support".

I have tried the "account recovery request" twice without success.  I seem to have ended up with 3 TT (or maybe Intuit?) accounts.  I can log into 2 of the 3, but not the 3rd account.  I apparently forgot or maybe didn't write down the password for the 3rd account.  All 3 accounts are tied to the same (valid) email for me.  The 2 that I can log into also have my phone number.  But, the 3rd account does not seem to have a phone number, nor any other personal information for me such as mailing address, customer name, etc. 

I recently registered my 2021 Turbo Tax Deluxe from the screen that opens when I open the Turbo Tax program, entering First Name, Last Name, Email, Address (city, state, ZIP), Mobile Phone, etc.  That screen does not request a User ID so I don't know where this "registration" was recorded.  I checked the 2 accounts that I can log into and the product does not appear under either one. I believe that it could be possible that the "registration" was somehow put into the 3rd User Id that I cannot access.

How can I recover this 3rd account that is only partially set up and has not been completed with all information?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
jdhenrichs
Returning Member

Account Support

Did you read my complete post?  Especially the second sentence?

What you are recommending is exactly what I have already tried, twice, without success.  I have received an email from Intuit both times stating that the requests were "declined".

Apparently, Intuit is looking for an exact match on User ID and email address, in addition to a match based on first and last name and mailing address before they will "graciously" grant the account recovery request.

And, if you read further in my original post, you will note that I believe that the account that I cannot access was never fully set up with all the magic pieces that Intuit wants to match, thus the requests are being declined.

So, you're thinking, what is the big deal?

Well, the big deal is that I am unable to determine if my 2021 Turbo Tax Deluxe license was registered to the account that I cannot access because it most definitely was not registered to the 2 accounts that I can access.

I do apologize if my reply may appear to be rude, as that is not my intent.  It's just that suggesting that I do what I have already tried is not helpful.

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

Account Support

We apologize for the inconvenience, please contact us at customer support so we can further assist you.

@jdhenrichs

jdhenrichs
Returning Member

Account Support

I don't plan to wast my time doing that.  They just tell me to do the "account recovery request" which ( as I have stated several times ) I tried twice without success.

Account Support

Why do you need to get into the 3rd account?  Are you trying to install the program on another computer?  That won't work.  

If you installed from the CD it seems you can not download it from online now.  You can't do both CD and download.   See the info on this FAQ

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

So you need to call in to get the download pushed to your account.

Or try copying the CD to a usb flash drive.  See SteamTrains post here

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/why-can-t-i-install-turbotax-on-my-laptop-via-dow...

It says...

You can download your software directly from TurboTax. But, keep in mind, you can't use both the CD and the download — you must use one or the other.

And....if the CD has already been registered and installed on another device, you will not be able to switch to the download product or you may receive an error message that says, "This product is already associated with another account."

So you need to call in to get the download pushed to your account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies