Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2021 form 8839 available?

Unable to file. Turbotax says waiting on finalized form to become available.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

32 Replies

Form 8839, Qualified Adoption Expenses for tax year 2021 is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 02/17/2022

Go to this TurboTax website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

ESTP

I am inquiring why Form 8839 is not yet available in Turbotax when it was published by the IRS on 2 January 2022?  Thanks.

Exactly published on January 2. 2022. by IRS the form should have already available in TurboTax software.

NOPE not available with TurboTax until MARCH 3. This is the 3rd time they've pushed the date back. Even tho the IRS has  it available. Turbo Tax keeps pushing the date further back. So frustrating!!!!

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ on the availability of IRS forms.

Federal Individual Form Availability

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax Business

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes I saw it each time the date changed (3 times to be exact). These dates are for TURBOTAX ONLY, not other tax sites!!! I.e. : HR Block, Tax Act and other firms are already approved and tax returns are being accepted by IRS. I don't know why TURBOTAX is so late with having their firms approved by IRS. This is RIDICULOUS!!! 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@MontyB

In this public forum, we are provided with form availability information, but not an explanation as to why the form is not available until that date.  For additional information, it would be necessary to contact customer support.  To do this, please see this Help Article to get in touch with us. 

cpr2015

Why is it taking so long? The date has been moved three times.

lmklinger

Completely unacceptable wait time for this form through Turbo Tax. Third amended availability date is absurd. Ridiculous delays like these encourages me to use a different tax filing platform.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can monitor the forms availability date here

Turbo Tax has to format the form after the state/IRS makes the form available, then it has to be approved after it has been formatted. 

I've called twice now, they keep telling me the form isn't available. I told them that other tax agencies are already filing them and people have already gotten their returns. I already paid for the service, plus all the paperwork is done, I really don't want to take a refund and have to input it on another companies website but this is getting ridiculous. I called and requested a manager call me back ASAP, still waiting for them to contact me back

SCRusso

Still unacceptable. You've already processed my payment but I can't file now. Date of form pushed to 3/3 now?! Other platforms have the form available. Maybe I should take my business elsewhere. 

SCRusso

Agreed. We have a business and I have gotten through all the entering of information and my payment has processed...but can't file yet. This is not professional at all. Other platforms are filing with the form. TurboTax you can do better!

(To all the Turbo Tax employees on this answering people)

Since you are an employee of Turbo Tax can you explain why the IRS made form 8839 available in january and according to turbo tax it only takes a couple days for forms to be in their system, why is the form still not ready in turbo tax?????  please do not give a practiced answer. Some of us pay turbo tax to file our tax's and would like to know what we are paying for if turbo tax cant even stick to what they say they do.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies