turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

rnm354

When will 2019 turbotax desktop (filed 2020) be available?

Intuit needs to get there act together before November????  David, you need to take a chill pill buddy!  LOL  November is not late by any stretch of the imagination.  There is PLENTY of time to get material and "act".  If not for you, then get yourself a good accountant and they will be happy to tell you the same thing.

Again I point out ... to do any 2019 tax planning and use the What If tool you must use the fully operational 2018 downloaded program ... the 2019 program will what if for the 2020 tax year NOT the 2019 one.  

ttadams

This is exactly what I need. 2018 eave as at what point? Would you show me step by step? Would appreciate it very much.

ttadams

Hi Lisa, would you kindly guide me through step by step? At what point do you save as? Thank you.

You do the Save As at the beginning. 

Start the 2018 program 

Open your 2018 return by going up to File->Open

Then save your return with a new name to test in.  Go up to

File->Save As to make a copy of your return to test in.  Or are you on a Mac?  Mac might say Duplicate.

you took my money yesterday, but today, the day after the download was supposed to be ready, I am told it is not.  I feel cheated by you.

it is November and you certainly did not wait to hit my credit card

@steveandjody wrote:

it is November and you certainly did not wait to hit my credit card

If you are an Advantage subscriber see this TurboTax support FAQ for when the software is available - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/when-can-i-expect-to-receive-my-turbotax-a...

This is my mini version of  a tutorial  that should be in the downloaded program: 

What is Forms Mode?

Forms Mode lets you view and make changes to your tax forms "behind the scenes."

If you're adventurous, you can even prepare your return in Forms Mode, but we don't recommend it. You may miss obscure credits and deductions you qualify for, and you may forget to report things that will come back and haunt you later.

Forms Mode is exclusively available in the TurboTax CD/Download software. It is not available in TurboTax Online.

Related Information:

If you want to play around with different figures and tax scenarios without affecting your original return you can ….

• >>>In the TurboTax CD/Download software by creating a test copy
  •  Open your return in TurboTax. 
  •  From the File menu, choose Save As. 
  •  Give the copy a new name to distinguish it from the original (for example, by adding "Test" or "Example" to the file name). 
  • Click  Save. You are now safely working in the test copy and anything you do here will not affect the original. 
  • https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900642-how-to-make-a-test-copy-of-your-return

• >> use the WHAT IF tool: 
  • - Click Forms Icon (upper right of screen) or Ctrl 2 (forms view) 
  • - Click on the Open Form Icon 
  • - In the “Type a form name.” area type What-If (with the dash), click on the name of the worksheet - click on Open Form 
  • - You will see the worksheet on the right side of the screen; enter the information right into the form 
  • - To get back to interview mode - click on the Step-by-Step Icon (upper right of screen) or Ctrl 1

It's always a good idea to make a backup copy of your tax data file, in case your original gets lost or corrupted. Here's how:

1. From the File menu in the upper-left corner of TurboTax, choose Save As (Windows) or Save (Mac).
  2. Browse to where you want to save your backup.
    • Tip:If you're saving to a portable device, save it to your computer first to prevent data corruption. Then, after completing Step 4, copy or move the backup file to your device.
  3. In the File name field, enter a name that will distinguish it from the original tax file (for example, add "Backup" or "Copy" to the file name)
  4. Click Save and then close TurboTax.
  5. Restart TurboTax and open the backup copy to make sure it's not corrupted. If you get an error, delete the backup and repeat these steps.

If you make changes to your original tax return file, repeat these steps to ensure your original and backup copies are in-synch.

Related Information:                             

GEN85508

Answered by TurboTax FAQ to this question

AND save it as a PDF so you have access to a copy even if you don’t have the program still installed and operational :

AND protect the files :

Download releases START on 11/5 but not all users will get access the first moment ... and I would not be in a big hurry for this first beta version ... the first version is NOT fully functional and will require many updates over the next 3 months until you can file a return... so patience is required.

If you need to do any 2019 WHAT IF tests you need to use the fully functional 2018 program NOT the 2019 version.

When can I expect to receive my TurboTax Advantage order?
TurboTax Advantage downloads for tax year 2019 will start releasing on November 5 and the CDs will be shipped between November 14 and 22. Check your order status here.

If you ordered TurboTax on a CD, you can also get the downloadable version after it releases in early November. To access, sign in to your TurboTax Advantage account and select Downloads.

@Gybsy  How or why did you post a blank post?  Do you have a question?

Download is available at Amazon now however CD will be available on after December 10 to January 8 as per Amazon.

It’s available for download right now (Mac for sure). I got it.

lee10337

when will 2019 turbotax be available 

The 2019 Desktop program is available now at

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/ 

The Online versions will open in December.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies